Re: review, suggest, endorse Shelter to Housing Continuum draft testimony letter, to submit tomorrow

Janice Yaden

I would also join my friend, Mary Fellows in this endeavor.  As you know, I've been out to see your fantastic digs.

On Sunday, March 28, 2021, 04:49:13 PM PDT, Mary Fellows <mefellows@...> wrote:

I would like to help with this (I work in nearby Multnomah Village) but at 75, my middle school days are far behind me.  Let me know if I can hellp.

Thanks,
Mary

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 4:44 PM Matthew Lembo <matt.lembo@...> wrote:
Hey Andy,

I think a few folks from SNA might be interested in coming out to help with this.  How would we proceed?

-Matt

On Mar 18, 2021, at 1:11 PM, Andrew Olshin <Andrew.Olshin@...> wrote:

All
Spring is here.  Almost.
Time for building parties.  Cascadia Clusters has been running carpentry workshops with middle-schoolers for the past 18 months.  We have 10 project spots laid out 10’ apart, plenty of tools and lots of project that - when they come together - provide housing, showers, laundry, electricity, heat etc.
If you and/or a group you are a part of - are interested in hiking, walking, biking, bussing or driving over to Makom (מָקוֹם; place; 6698 SW Capitol Hwy) - we would really appreciate the help.

Peace,
Andy Olshin
Founder, Executive Director

<8C5E638B-8A93-4647-A5AF-A8D145C3B33A.jpeg>

<D289E81C-A63A-4F8A-B1D6-942B9A9D9BBA.jpeg><D6996AB2-81B2-467E-912B-6247B461210B.jpeg>

On Mar 18, 2021, at 11:32 AM, Donna Cohen <dcohen@...> wrote:

I think the idea has a lot of merit – although perhaps more realistic once we’ve all had shots; personally, I won’t even drive with another person [but, I’m old].

One thing to consider – don’t overlook immediate needs. For example, I think food/drink should be available to those you invite, before and/or after the event.

Donna

Donna L Cohen, MLIS, MEd
Portland, Oregon
503-737-1425
Civics for Adults – and Others – Workshops: To Enhance Civic Knowledge and Inspire Political Engagement
“My philosophy is very simple. When you see something that is not fair, not right, not just – stand up, say something, speak up!” Rep. John Lewis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6lzPpqc2WY

From: <pdxshelterforum@groups.io> on behalf of Tim McCormick <tmccormick@...>
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 1:43 PM
To: <pdxshelterforum@groups.io>

We have drafted a Shelter for Forum Continuum project (S2HC) shared testimony letter / talking points: it's in the ongoing, now epic length doc, s2hc.pdxshelterforum.org, section near top "Testimony letter / talking points draft":
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EP0i3gf3aJljkjrKCC-FrnYmq2MAqHAnYVH_zHP8Cuk/edit#heading=h.48zbbolu27sp.

Please have a look and post any suggested changes or additions to the list, or as comment on the document, or to me or Sean green@...directly. You can also indicate if you'd like to cosign, i.e endorse.

After incorporating feedback, we plan to make a PDF version and a co-sign form, which makes it easy to share or co-sign (and/or adapt to submit your own testimony letter, which is fine and encouraged, especially if you mention PDX Shelter Forum as source).

A few hours before the Weds 2pm testimony deadline and Council meeting, I will add all form-cosigned names to the PDF, and then officially submit this PDF as PDX Shelter Forum's testimony. Also, especially since the online testimony tool has been flooded by semi-automated-looking one-note posts, we will probably send the letter directly to the Mayor & Councilmembers, and key city staff.
thanks everyone for all the help & input!
Tim.

Moderator PDX Shelter Forum, Editor at HousingWiki,

Mary E. Fellows