Here’s the Cascadia Clusters proposal

Andrew Olshin

Thanks, 
Andy Olshin

On Mar 28, 2021, at 8:29 AM, Matthew Lembo <matt.lembo@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I am part of the team that submitted proposals from the Sunnyside Neighborhood Association and Beacon Village and would be happy to participate in this discussion.

-Matt Lembo

On Mar 27, 2021, at 11:10 PM, Elise Aymer <elise@...> wrote:

Andy's idea of hosting an alternate space for the group proposals sounds like a great idea. 

Which of the groups on the list do you need contact info for? 

Some of the names seem like ones for which PDX Shelter Forum would already have connections.

If you have a shortlist of those for which you'd need contact info that would be a good starting point.

Elise

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021, 2:28 AM Tim McCormick, <tmccormick@...> wrote:
great idea Andy, and thanks so much for pulling that list of RFPQ respondents. I didn't realize this was possible from the procurement site, I was waiting for more from procurement analyst, Kathi Braeme-Burr.

we've been discussing ways to gather and cross-support proposers (and new collaborators) since before the last forum, this good movement forward.

Here's an open doc for this on the PDX Shelter Forum site (an unfolding experiment in open, collaborative, decentralized 'site' form using GDocs / Google Drive, by the way):
I've added to it the list of proposers from Andy.

If anyone here knows more about the proposals, or whom/how to contact the proposers, please share or add to document. We should be able to get a project listing, whats-needed, how-can-i-help, and discussion going here!
thanks, Tim. 

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 11:05 PM Andrew Olshin <Andrew.Olshin@...> wrote:
How about hosting a call asking all applicants to share their proposals and see what the community can do to come together around this important work

Proposals Received: 
Event Number RFPQ-76-2021 
Event Name: Alternative Shelter (Reissue)

ALL GOOD NORTHWEST 
BEACON VILLAGE 
Bridges to Change, Inc. 
CASCADIA CLUSTERS 
CATHOLIC CHARITIES 
CITY REPAIR PROJECT 
Courtesy inn motel 
Cultivate Initiatives 
Dignity Village, Inc. 
ECUMENICAL MINISTRIES OF OREGON 
EQUITABLE GIVING CIRCLE 
FAMILY PROMISE OF METRO EAST 
GRAVES CHERYL 
GREATER GOOD NORTHWEST 
HELPING HANDS REENTRY OUTREACH 
CENTERS 
Holistic Healing Behavioral Healthcare 
LEE KYLE 
Matthew Suplee LLC 
MISHEEL LLC 
N/A (Hazelnut Grove) 
Operation Nightwatch 
Oregon Trail of Hope 
Pause for the Cause Creating Change 
POD the People 
Portland New Generations Rotary Club 
RIGHT 2 DREAM TOO 
RISING PHOENIX HOMES LLC 
SELF ENHANCEMENT, INC. 
STRAIGHTWAY SERVICES 
SUNNYSIDE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION 
TULBERG JOSHUA 
Volunteers of America Oregon, Inc.

Thanks, 
Andy Olshin

On Mar 26, 2021, at 1:32 PM, Stanley Penkin <stanleypenkin@...> wrote:

I also received negative knee jerk reactions from people who only saw the word parks, but I do think the initial narrative could have been better defined.

From: pdxshelterforum@groups.io <pdxshelterforum@groups.io> On Behalf Of Barb Rainish
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2021 4:01 PM
To: pdxshelterforum@groups.io
Subject: Re: [pdxshelterforum] Oregonian article followup on Shelter to Housing at City Council meeting Weds

I wish people would educate themselves and watch the city council meetings to get a better understanding.

This is frustrating because neighbors don't understand that the willy nilly camping they see and complain about can't be stopped unless there are acceptable and available (sanctioned) for them to go.

Thanks for all the advocacy!

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021, 3:57 PM David Groff via groups.io <dgroff45=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Earlier this week I posted on Nextdoor Woodstock the OPB article on S2HC and almost immediately received a bunch of negative replies.  My neighbors who posted, with one or two exceptions, are all convinced that the central idea is to put camps in parks.  I argued with them to no avail, which was discouraging to say the least.

David Groff

Interfaith Alliance on Poverty

On Friday, March 26, 2021, 03:33:52 PM PDT, Tim McCormick <tmccormick@...> wrote:

To: PDX Shelter Forum

Bcc: Nicole Hayden, reporter, The Oregonian

Laura Gunderson, public editor, The Oregonian

followup article after Weds City Council meeting on Shelter to Housing Continuum: "Portland City Council assures residents that homeless quarters will not be allowed in parks"

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2021/03/portland-city-council-assures-residents-that-homeless-quarters-will-not-be-allowed-in-parks.html.

Accompanied, like our Op-ed, by one of the most dismal-looking pictures I have ever seen of a permitted camp for the unhoused. It's also completely out of date, taken in November before these tents and pallets were fully replaced by Pallet Shelter units. 

My comments posted on it: 

1. the headline, opening, and tweet are misleading to inaccurate. Council is upholding use of parks Community Centers, parking lots, paved areas, this is not "not allowed in parks." 1/n

2. the reporter has repeatedly characterized proposals as for "semi-permanent structures". But tiny houses on wheels are permanent structures, also the @PDXshelterforum coalition in testimony over past year & Op-ed yesterday has called for allowing permanent structures & housing in
#S2HC 2/n. 

3. the reporter say "a handful of residents" opposed RV hookup reqs. But that opposition includes the Planning & Sustainability Commission & very wide community support including @PNWelcome, @catoregon, @SunrisePDX,
@PDXshelterforum etc. Why are *only* officials/staff's views presented? 3/3

Once again, as has been generally true of local news coverage of S2HC and related issues organized community/citizen advocacy has been largely erased from the story. 

--

Tim McCormick

Moderator PDX Shelter Forum, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative

Portland, Oregon 

--
--
Tim McCormick
Moderator PDX Shelter Forum, Editor at HousingWiki,
Organizer at Village Collaborative
Portland, Oregon 

Join pdxshelterforum@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.