Re: review, suggest, endorse Shelter to Housing Continuum draft testimony letter, to submit tomorrow

Tim McCormick

ok, S2HC community testimony letter and form is READY, after incorporating many edits and suggestions. Please check it out, share, co-sign if you are in general agreement, and/or adapt for your own separate/additional letter: http://s2hc-letter.pdxshelterforum.org

From recent input and from reading the online testimony, we have added points including:
1) addressing concerns about shelters in park and natural/sensitive outdoor areas,

2) calling for geographic balance and all neighborhoods' participation in shelter/village site selection.

3) waiving fees for new shelter applications.

thank you to all the many, many people who've collaborated on this along a long road earlier and quite a sprint today. We'll see what happens tomorrow at 2pm hearing and after -- change, for sure.
Tim

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 9:22 PM Tim McCormick via groups.io <tmccormick=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
awesome, thank you Andy, I have incorporated those edits/corrections.
almost there!

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 9:08 PM Andy Harris <andyharrismd@...> wrote:
Tim,

This review and suggestions are very helpful.  You have probably already caught these typos, but if not, in the letter to mayor and council, under “Our recommendations”:
2) line 4 should read “at least”
3) line 3 should read “all kinds”
4) par 4, line 4 should read “include”
9) line 4 should read “reasonably”

Thanks very much for all your work on this project.

Andy Harris

From: <pdxshelterforum@groups.io> on behalf of Tim McCormick <tmccormick@...>
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 1:43 PM
To: <pdxshelterforum@groups.io>
Subject: [pdxshelterforum] review, suggest, endorse Shelter to Housing Continuum draft testimony letter, to submit tomorrow

We have drafted a Shelter for Forum Continuum project (S2HC) shared testimony letter / talking points: it's in the ongoing, now epic length doc, s2hc.pdxshelterforum.org, section near top "Testimony letter / talking points draft":
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EP0i3gf3aJljkjrKCC-FrnYmq2MAqHAnYVH_zHP8Cuk/edit#heading=h.48zbbolu27sp.

Please have a look and post any suggested changes or additions to the list, or as comment on the document, or to me or Sean green@... directly. You can also indicate if you'd like to cosign, i.e endorse.

After incorporating feedback, we plan to make a PDF version and a co-sign form, which makes it easy to share or co-sign (and/or adapt to submit your own testimony letter, which is fine and encouraged, especially if you mention PDX Shelter Forum as source).

A few hours before the Weds 2pm testimony deadline and Council meeting, I will add all form-cosigned names to the PDF, and then officially submit this PDF as PDX Shelter Forum's testimony. Also, especially since the online testimony tool has been flooded by semi-automated-looking one-note posts, we will probably send the letter directly to the Mayor & Councilmembers, and key city staff.
thanks everyone for all the help & input!
Tim.