Re: review, suggest, endorse Shelter to Housing Continuum draft testimony letter, to submit tomorrow

Tim McCormick

awesome, thank you Andy, I have incorporated those edits/corrections.
almost there!

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 9:08 PM Andy Harris <andyharrismd@...> wrote:
Tim,

This review and suggestions are very helpful.  You have probably already caught these typos, but if not, in the letter to mayor and council, under “Our recommendations”:
2) line 4 should read “at least”
3) line 3 should read “all kinds”
4) par 4, line 4 should read “include”
9) line 4 should read “reasonably”

Thanks very much for all your work on this project.

Andy Harris

From: <pdxshelterforum@groups.io> on behalf of Tim McCormick <tmccormick@...>
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 1:43 PM
To: <pdxshelterforum@groups.io>
Subject: [pdxshelterforum] review, suggest, endorse Shelter to Housing Continuum draft testimony letter, to submit tomorrow

We have drafted a Shelter for Forum Continuum project (S2HC) shared testimony letter / talking points: it's in the ongoing, now epic length doc, s2hc.pdxshelterforum.org, section near top "Testimony letter / talking points draft":
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EP0i3gf3aJljkjrKCC-FrnYmq2MAqHAnYVH_zHP8Cuk/edit#heading=h.48zbbolu27sp.

Please have a look and post any suggested changes or additions to the list, or as comment on the document, or to me or Sean green@... directly. You can also indicate if you'd like to cosign, i.e endorse.

After incorporating feedback, we plan to make a PDF version and a co-sign form, which makes it easy to share or co-sign (and/or adapt to submit your own testimony letter, which is fine and encouraged, especially if you mention PDX Shelter Forum as source).

A few hours before the Weds 2pm testimony deadline and Council meeting, I will add all form-cosigned names to the PDF, and then officially submit this PDF as PDX Shelter Forum's testimony. Also, especially since the online testimony tool has been flooded by semi-automated-looking one-note posts, we will probably send the letter directly to the Mayor & Councilmembers, and key city staff.
thanks everyone for all the help & input!
Tim.