Re: Invitation: PDXHFS.org / StreetRoots - Solutions Salon @ Tue Mar 9, 2021 12pm - 1pm (PST) (pdxshelterforum@groups.io)

Janice Yaden

Thanks, Sarabelle,  According to Street Roots website, they help folks sign up for the Stimulus funding so am sure they are in the know-how.  But, this is a good contact to know, in case another group or person decides to step in to help someone get their due. I'm also assuming someone from that organization monitors this thread.  But, I'll still cc the director.
Janice

On Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:20:23 PM PDT, Sarabelle Hitchner via groups.io <shitchner@...> wrote:

I'm a tax prep volunteer with AARP VITA program for low- and very-low income residents that's run by Multnomah Family Services/CashOregon.  Tax filing, even when nothing is owed, triggers the payments.  I suggest someone call or email Riley Eldredge who heads up the program to ask him whether the logistics are do-able.  The hurdle may be an individual having a SS# --- but beyond that....  He will know.

Sarabelle Hitchner
503 477-0012

On Monday, March 15, 2021, 11:55:21 AM PDT, Elise Aymer <elise@...> wrote:

Seems like getting them is one hurdle - being able to cash them or have them direct deposited another. The last (Trump) check was, I think, only available if you had filed in recent years - so that's another question.

Elise