online event today Weds 7-8pm: Safe Sleeping Sites for all, proposed in San Francisco

Tim McCormick

Creating A Place for All: A Conversation with Supervisor Rafael Mandelman on Safe Sleeping Sites
Creating-A-Safe-Place-for-All-event_2021-02-24_Rafael-Mandelman.png

About this event
The number of people experiencing homelessness in San Francisco has seen dramatic growth since the start of the pandemic. The shelter-in-place order, job loss, and the closing of shelters across the city have left many people with nowhere to go, but the sidewalk.

TogetherSF is hosting a conversation with San Francisco District 8 (Castro, Twin Peaks, Glen Park, Mission, Diamond Heights, Noe Valley) Supervisor Rafael Mandelman about his Place for All legislation. This legislation will create a network of temporary safe sleeping sites (designated sites for tents that are connected with City services) with the intent to accommodate all unhoused, unsheltered people. He will discuss how this strategy will open up more options for individuals experiencing homelessness and get them off the streets.

TogetherSF aims to provide everyone with access to the information, connections, and actions to make a difference in our city. That is why we're committed to learning more about street homelessness and what we all can do to support those experiencing homelessness. Join us Wednesday, February 24 from 7:00 - 8:00 pm.

You read the full legislation here: https://sfgov.legistar.com/View.ashx?M=F&ID=8870152&GUID=2AF688B7-F520-4D29-9E30-6256A52489DC.

You can also read Supervisor Mandelman's recent San Francisco Chronicle op-ed on his proposed legislation here: https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/openforum/article/San-Francisco-needs-to-designate-safe-sleeping-15741302.php.