Re: cancellation of 2021 Point in Time unsheltered count sought by Multnomah County / JOHS

Keith Wilson

Tim,

I have been communicating with JOHS and PSU, the party responsible for the PIT. I had some questions I was asking them to include to ensure we get a really good idea of the size and scope.

I think what they are doing is the right call. Safety of our citizens is absolutely the most important core value to follow.

On a data informed approach, using this year as a baseline would give a false sense of accomplishment because as you can see, we are just trying to hold on. The numbers will be off the charts if we completed a PIT right now. To say we are doing a good job at improving lives as our PIT would most likely fall by double digits from 2021 to 2023, would be a false narrative. Let’s get 2022 on the books so we can see clearly and then let’s get a 2023 view and really get good data.

Please know that a two year count in any organization is a really bad Key Performance Indicator anyway. We need daily counts to really drill down and help groups with saving and improving their lives. But we do not want to lose any in counting.

Assuring you of my best intentions.

Keith