Topics

Online reading Sept 26th and Sept 27th

Christina Hemphill

Hello all. I moved to Utah, but still read all the emails from the group. I wanted to invite you all to the online reading with all the songs of my musical, A Symphony for Portland. A Symphony for Portland tells the story of how the moment, Jordan, a homeless young adult, decides to lead his ad hoc family of other homeless young adults, to interfere with a local sex trafficker's targeting of his next victim, makes changes in their lives that even surprise Jordan. While it touches upon the serious themes of sex trafficking, LGBT-Q discrimination, and homelessness, it is a story of hope with the themes of family, faith, unconditional love, and the universal desire for forgiveness and reconciliation. It has its sad moments, but it ends on a good note. I hope you will watch these 16 actors, a few from the Portland area, take on these roles and bring this story to life. Both nights will be live acting, albeit from the various homes of all the actors. The singing is prerecorded, but with excellent editing by Arts Laureate.com . To watch, click one of the links below. I've attached the program, too, and even a sample video of one of the songs. I always wanted to be part of Fertile Ground, but now being in Utah, that would be a challenge. Thank you in advance for watching. (If I have broken any rules by writing this, please delete this email.)    Angel's Singing from A Symphony for Portland
Christina Hemphill, formerly of Camas, WA

Saturdays Invite:
Hi there,
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Sep 26, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: A Symphony for Portland Online Read Sept 26

Register in advance for this webinar:
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_0ar_jl2sQiKqxr4zg5jKXA

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Sundays Invite:
Hi there,

You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Sep 27, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Performance of A Symphony for Portland

Register in advance for this webinar:
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_vgpuz5ogSgeGmg1Z4mJZNg

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.