Topics

X Axis Origin Shift During Milling [2 Attachments]

Dan Andersson

Might be simpler than you think...

Check your grub screws on the couplings!

Next is to check the power supply, not with a DVM. Usae an oscilloscpope!

//Dan, M0DFI

On 06 Jul 2014 16:03:56 -0700
"sdmonaco@... [pcb-gcode]" <pcb-gcode@...> wrote:

Hi guys,

I have an problem with my x-axis shifting (always the same direction) during a board milling operation. It only happens occasionally (about 1 out of 10 board designs). I have documented the latest occurrence with the pcb-gcode preview window shown in the file Hybrid_RBE_Bot_Etch.bmp and the resulting milled pcbs shown in the file PCB Fab Error.jpg. The GCode was verified using NC Corrector prior to doing the etch milling operation. I am using a Probotix V90 mill with Mach 3 control software. I have never heard any skipping steps during the milling when the problem occurs . When I stop the job and issue a G00 X0 Y0 the mill goes to the incorrect x-axis position. I have never seen the problem in the y-axis. Anyone else ever seen this issue?

Thanks,

Sam