Topics

X Axis Origin Shift During Milling

sdmonaco

Hi guys,

I have an problem with my x-axis shifting (always the same direction) during a board milling operation.  It only happens occasionally (about 1 out of 10 board designs).  I have documented the latest occurrence with the pcb-gcode preview window shown in the file Hybrid_RBE_Bot_Etch.bmp and the resulting milled pcbs shown in the file PCB Fab Error.jpg.  The GCode was verified using NC Corrector prior to doing the etch milling operation.   I am using a Probotix V90 mill with Mach 3 control software.  I have never heard any skipping steps during the milling when the problem occurs .  When I stop the job and issue a G00 X0 Y0 the mill goes to the incorrect x-axis position.  I have never seen the problem in the y-axis.  Anyone else ever seen this issue?

Thanks,

Sam