Textmate bundle for Eagle’s ULP language? Or an Emacs mode? #eagle #development

John Johnson

Bit of a stretch, but several years ago I created a bundle for the Textmate editor that did syntax highlighting for Eagle’s ULP language. And I seem to have lost it. Would any of you happen to have a copy, or someone else’s? Or a mode for Emacs?

Thanks, John

Harald

Hi John,

just wanted to dig a bit through your code to get some understanding on this "drill/spot drill" problem, still included in your Alpha version.
I use Notepad++ for editing/viewing text files and so searched for a means of syntax highlighting for NP++.

I succeeded here:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/eagle-forum/using-notepad-with-eagle-ulps/td-p/7481996

I don't know Textmate nor Emacs, but NP++ is worth a try...
HTH
--

Harald
_____________________

John Johnson

Thanks Harald.

I don't use Windows, but posted a message on the thread. Someone might have something.

On 8/21/22 11:05 AM, Harald wrote:
Hi John,

just wanted to dig a bit through your code to get some understanding on this "drill/spot drill" problem, still included in your Alpha version.
I use Notepad++ for editing/viewing text files and so searched for a means of syntax highlighting for NP++.

I succeeded here:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/eagle-forum/using-notepad-with-eagle-ulps/td-p/7481996

I don't know Textmate nor Emacs, but NP++ is worth a try...
HTH
--

Harald
_____________________

Harald

Ok, thanks!
--

Harald
_____________________

peterg1000

Hi guys,

For what it's worth the FreeBasic ide  "FBide" will provide a color highlighted presentation of a .ulp file. Available for Windows, Mac and Linux so the blurb says.

Peter

John Johnson

Thanks Peter and Harald!

Actually, Textmate isn't that bad. I just added .ulp to the extensions for C programming language, and it does pretty well.

When I tried it years back, things like:

            // Process all the wires.
            B.wires(W) W.pieces(P) {

Would throw all the indentation off if you ran Text | Indent Selection.

Now the main thing that is kind of wonky are switch / case / break statements, so I just won't try to format those.
I could probably change the indentation rules for the bundle, but they are more complex than even pcb-gcode :-)

Thanks,
JJ