Topics

SMD PCB - questions

rjweng91@...

ok have my circuit drawn up ran pcb-gcode with 0.1 etching tool size, Min Isolation of .05 ( single pass). when I load it into Mach3 only a couple of things show up. I was testing to see if I can get a atmega 328 tqfp on a board.  Iam not sure if there is something I am doing wrong, I am teaching myself as I have never done this before.

any ideas?

Bob

John Johnson <pcbgcode@...>

Do you have the full version of Mach3? The trial version is limited to 1000 lines.

What's your unit of measure? 0.1 inches is fairly huge, whereas 0.1mm would be reasonable.
If you have some sort of conical bit, you could start with 0.005" (0.127mm) tool size, and 0.003" (0.0.77mm) min isolation, for a single pass. See how that looks in the preview, then increase the min isolation until adjacent tracks merge together, then back off a bit. This should give you maximum track size when you mechanically etch the board.

Keep us posted.

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 6:25 PM, <rjweng91@...> wrote:

ok have my circuit drawn up ran pcb-gcode with 0.1 etching tool size, Min Isolation of .05 ( single pass). when I load it into Mach3 only a couple of things show up. I was testing to see if I can get a atmega 328 tqfp on a board.  Iam not sure if there is something I am doing wrong, I am teaching myself as I have never done this before.

any ideas?

Bob

rjweng91@...

sorry it is a .1mm of tipped v bit. and yes I have full version

rjweng91@...

I figured it out I think, for one thing Eagle and pcb-gcode where not playing nice together, had to remove all pcd-gcode form computer and redo the directories to point to pcb-gcode. I also forgot to change the DRC settings for what I wanted. ( idiot). Anyways here is a test circuit I threw together to see if the machine can do it. I do see the backlash issue alot in this circuit so have to redo the backlash again. This was done without the autoleveler because it was acting strange. have to check my connection with the probe port tomorrow.

SMD Circuit

Bob