Topics

pcg-gcode wizard (by Paul Kiedrowski) and Windows 7

Gaston Gagnon

Hi all.
Is anybody using this program with windows 7 32bits?
My system complains with the following message:

Component 'richtx32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
Gaston

Svend Poulsen

I bought that program some years ago, never got it to work in Win7 (32bit) but I have used it en XPMode machines and that worked. I got the same error message as you.

John Johnson <john6060842@...>

I'm not familiar with his program, but saw this in my browser history:

If that doesn't help, try googling the error message.

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Gaston Gagnon gaston.gagnon@... [pcb-gcode] <pcb-gcode@...> wrote:

Hi all.
Is anybody using this program with windows 7 32bits?
My system complains with the following message:

Component 'richtx32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
Gaston

Gaston Gagnon

That link fixed  the richtx32.ocx
1. Download richtx32.zip and extract ritch32.ocx  in windows\syswow64
2. register it: regsvr32  %Systemroot%\Syswow64\richtx32.ocx

But then the wizard complained this time for comdlg32.ocx .
Google provided the link:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/comdlg32.htm
Same procedure as richtx32.ocx
1. Download comdlg32.zip and extract comdlg32.ocx in windows\syswow64
2. register it: regsvr32  %Systemroot%\syswow64\comdlg32.ocx

Bingo pcb-gcode wizard now work in windows 7 premium 64bit.
Thanks JJ and Paul
Gaston