Topics

#pcbgcode - Huge problem with this good plugin for Eagle 9.2.2. #pcbgcode

Christian Robert Adzic
 

Hi!

I'm new here, so pls forgive me if I post this into the incorrect place...
Here is my problem:

I used Eagle 9.2.0 until a few days. After AutoDesk released the new update 9.2.2 of Eagle I updated.
After that, I can't anymore generate the g-code with this nice pcb-gcode plugin.
That plugin worked for me like a charm.

I used the 3.6.0.4 version of the pcb-gcode with Eagle 9.2.0.
When I updated Eagle and tried to generate a gcode, in the view window of pcb-gcode 
I never got to see the simulated version of my pcb. I mean, the view window was empty.

Then I downloaded from here the 3.6.2.4 version of pcb-gcode and added it to Eagle, in hope that will fix my problem.
But that was not the case.
With this version of pcb-gcode I got a much bigger problem.
When I was trying to generate the gcode of my design, that was run into an infinity loop.
I have to wai around 30min to get my PC responding again, but the gcode was not generated.

I replicated several times this situation.

So, what you think is my problem?

I use Windows 7 x64 and everything was fine... :-(

Thank you.
My best regards.

Christian Robert Adzic
 

Could this be a Java error?
I have not Java 8, is pcb-gcode compatible with this version of java?

 

John Johnson
 

That’s a possibility, though it worked before changing Eagle. 

-- 
John Johnson

On November 3, 2018 at 7:05:45 AM, Christian Robert Adzic (adziccnk@...) wrote:

Could this be a Java error?
I have not Java 8, is pcb-gcode compatible with this version of java?

 

John Johnson
 

Perhaps a Windows user will chime in. 

-- 
John Johnson

On November 3, 2018 at 10:47:20 AM, John Johnson (john@...) wrote:

That’s a possibility, though it worked before changing Eagle. 

-- 
John Johnson

On November 3, 2018 at 7:05:45 AM, Christian Robert Adzic (adziccnk@...) wrote:

Could this be a Java error?
I have not Java 8, is pcb-gcode compatible with this version of java?

 

Christian Robert Adzic
 

Thank you for you replay, I realized already does I made a typo error in my post #7875.

I wrote: "...I have not Java 8..." I mean I have now Java 8 on my machine...
Sorry for this.

I have another question about pcb-gcode app.
Must I have a ratsnested polygon setup on my pcb to have the ability to generate the gcod with pcb-gcode?
Do I need any polygon as a board layout or ground plane of my pcb to generate the gcode with pcb-gcode app?
Or can I just draw my traces on the bottom side or upper or whatever side I wish and the app can generate the gcode without a border line?

Thanks. 

Art Eckstein
 

To answer your question about the requirement of polygons, I have made boards without them.  So the answer would be no they are not required.  Having said that, I usually do use a groundplane polygon as it can save me some vias etc. 

Country Bubba


At 11/3/2018 02:27 PM, Christian Robert Adzic wrote:

Thank you for you replay, I realized already does I made a typo error in my post #7875.

I wrote: "...I have not Java 8..." I mean I have now Java 8 on my machine...
Sorry for this.

I have another question about pcb-gcode app.
Must I have a ratsnested polygon setup on my pcb to have the ability to generate the gcod with pcb-gcode?
Do I need any polygon as a board layout or ground plane of my pcb to generate the gcode with pcb-gcode app?
Or can I just draw my traces on the bottom side or upper or whatever side I wish and the app can generate the gcode without a border line?

Thanks.

Christian Robert Adzic
 

Ok, thank you.
I realized what was the problem why I can't generate the gcode and why was my preview windows empty all the time.
Eagle is simply unpredictable what settings are used each time you open it.
In my case, a checkbox was unchecked under:

Option->Set...->Misc
There is an option "Ratsnests processes polygon".
If this option is not checked the pcb-gcode won't do the job.
You won't get the gcode and the viewer window of the pcb-gcode app would be empty.

Actually, the menu "Set..." is some kind of "Settings" menu.
Why the name "Set..." this is a mystery.

Again, I use the Eagle 9.2.2 version and at this moment the pcb-gcode version 3.6.0.4.
I also checked all other versions of pcb-gcode what I found on the net, and they are all working
On Eagle 9.2.2 and with the most up to date Java version which is in my case Java version 8 - update 191.

I hope this will help somebody in some time...
My best regards.




 

Christian Robert Adzic
 

I have one more question about the pcb-gcode plugin:

I saw several versions of pcb-gcode on the net.
I desired to use the 3.6.2.4 ( I think this is the latest version ).
SO, I saw  also other people have nice pictures in the menu of the plugin like this:


Where are the drill depth, hight etc. is explained, but I have just this kind of "broken" icon:


How can I fix this?

Thank you.

abyset2105@...
 

Take a look at "pcb-gcode\docs\images" folder, you will se there is a missing picture.