Topics

pcb gcode settings dont save

sang kang

This is on Windows 7 32bit or 64bit?
I'm trying to upgrade my EMC2 from XP.

Art Eckstein

Huh????
EMC2 is linux based and has nothing to do with XP!
What are you trying to accomplish????

This is on Windows 7 32bit or 64bit?
I'm trying to upgrade my EMC2 from XP.

sang kang

Running virtualbox on XP with a base EMC2 image.

Art Eckstein

Gotcha! But I don't think it will be able to control the machine if that is what your trying to do. To much windows overhead and EMC2 will not have direct control of the parallel port if at all. If your just trying to run it in virtual box to see what it looks like, I have a copy of 2.7 working now in win7 64bit!

If you want to use EMC2 why not just use the Linux "Live" dvd and boot to that?? No need for virtual box.

Running virtualbox on XP with a base EMC2 image.

Ren� Onbekend

Thanks for your reply.

Assuming you mean page 7 of the pbd-gcode manual, the answer is yes. So all settings are OK.

However in the meantime i have installed eagle 6.5 as well as pcb-gcode on my windows XP machine. That combination works fine and no error codes are shown now.

I saw the message from c.webs telling that he managed to get everything working under win7. So maybe there is still a possibility to get it running.

Regards, Rene