Topics

pcb gcode settings dont save

Carl

 I have been using Eagle cad 7.2 and pcb gcode 3.6.2.4 on windows 7 for two weeks. The default settings need to be changed. When I put in the correct settings and click on except and make board, OR when I try just the except button, Nothing is saved. I have to go into the gcode files and make the changes by hand just to be able to use the code. Mostly the drill codes need most changes. I have downloaded the zip file again extracted the files to the C/Eagle/ulp folder replacing all files . pcb gcode comes up and I can make changes but they don't take. I also tried 3.3.3 with same problem. Any help?  Thanks, Carl

Carl

Follow up; I'm thinking it's a Windows 7 problem? I just installed every thing on a Vista machine and every thing works fine. I realy need the Windows 7 working. Can any one help? Thanks, Carl

Art Eckstein

You indicated that you installed the files to:
C/Eagle/ulp

Are you sure it is that path or is it a path in the "Program Files" section????
Also, did you put the path to the ulp in the options as the first path as noted in the readme file??

Just pulling at straws here.

At 11:04 AM 3/15/2015, you wrote:

Follow up; I'm thinking it's a Windows 7 problem? I just installed every thing on a Vista machine and every thing works fine. I realy need the Windows 7 working. Can any one help? Thanks, Carl

Carl

I installed extracted the zip to  C:\EAGLE-7.2.0/ulp. The files are in the ulp folder. I go down the list to, pcb_cgode_setup, It opens and I make the changes. Click on except and make board. The programs makes the gcode files and they run on my cnc machine ok BUT with the default settings that came with pcb gcode. No changes are made. Like I said it works fine on Vista but not on Winblows 7. I've seen other people have problems with Eagle and Win 7. But not what I am having.   Keep pulling straws. We might have a hay bail when done. Carl

Art Eckstein

Carl,
OK, you installed it correctly as it sounds, BUT did you in the control panel open "Options", "Directories" and insert the path as noted in the screenshot below???

It has to be the first listing in the series in order to work and there can be more directories that follow that must be separated by a ";"
(I modified mine just to show you and assume V7.x is the same or similar)

If you have, maybe I should get a lower cutting mower to make longer straws:})  By the way, I am using win7 and mine saves like it should.

I installed extracted the zip to  C:\EAGLE-7.2.0/ulp. The files are in the ulp folder. I go down the list to, pcb_cgode_setup, It opens and I make the changes. Click on except and make board. The programs makes the gcode files and they run on my cnc machine ok BUT with the default settings that came with pcb gcode. No changes are made. Like I said it works fine on Vista but not on Winblows 7. I've seen other people have problems with Eagle and Win 7. But not what I am having.   Keep pulling straws. We might have a hay bail when done. Carl

Carl

I have looked at the file properties and they are checked "Read Only". I remove the check mark and click on allow. No change. I go back to the properties and it is checked read only. I can't make change there. I am administrator. And, yes I have the options set correctly also. Looks like the hole field will have to be cut! Carl

Carl

I also need to add that Vista and Win 7 are set up the same. Works in Vista. Vista properties are "Read Only" and pcb gcode saves all changes. More grass is needed. Carl

Art Eckstein

Carl,
Having a drought here and no more grass that I can find to cut! Maybe someone with more brains than me can figure it out!

I also need to add that Vista and Win 7 are set up the same. Works in Vista. Vista properties are "Read Only" and pcb gcode saves all changes. More grass is needed. Carl

Carl

Untill I find a fix I'll use the Winblows 7 laptop and move the board files over to the vista machine to make the gcode. I just tried that and was running a dry test on my cnc with good results. Carl

John J <john6060842@...>

I would try moving pcb-gcode to a folder somewhere inside your \Users\Your Name\My Documents folder.
This sounds like a case of Windows trying to protect you from malware. It monitors files outside of Users folders (don't recall all details exactly), and when it sees a change, it restores a backup copy it made.

See the note on pg. 7 in the manual.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 3:25 PM, cwebs@... [pcb-gcode] <pcb-gcode@...> wrote:

Untill I find a fix I'll use the Winblows 7 laptop and move the board files over to the vista machine to make the gcode. I just tried that and was running a dry test on my cnc with good results. Carl

Carl

I did have pcb gcode in "Documents" and it didn't work there, I think the path might have been put in wrong. BUT I think your are correct. Untill I get it changed I have found a work around. Pcb gcode put the settings folder in the ulp folder. I made the changes in the .h files and they stuck. Tomorrow I will fun another gcode made from the new .h settings and run them on the cnc. Thanks guys, Carl

Carl

John and all others with an intrest to my problem.

I extracted the zip into Documents. I looked in Documents and all files and folders are there including the two ulp. I then set the path in options and Eagle excepts it. NOW for the weard stuff. I open Eagle and go to my board. Click on File and then Open and go to the pcb-gcode in Documents. ALL the folders are empty!?. The folders are there, but empty. I get out of everything and go to Documents and all the folders have all the files and the two ulp are there.  WUWT.  I also tried to install Eagle in Programs, but it still ended up in C/ Eagle. While I can still make all my changes in the .h files, I think just like John said, My Windows 7 install is a controlling bitch. LOL  Is there a way of getting Eagle installed without ending up in C/   ?

Thanks , Carl

Art Eckstein

Carl,
I installed it to :
"C:&#92;Program Files (x86)&#92;EAGLE-6.1.0"
on my win7 machine.

As I remember, I used the defaults for the install and then changed the directory structure as needed so it would work as needed. Obviously, I still use V 6.1.0, but I would doubt they would change the installer??? You may have to do an uninstall and reinstall to get it to go there.

At 10:00 AM 3/16/2015, you wrote:

[...]

Art, I did uninstall it first and try a new install. Just the same way you did yours. I uninstalled it, then deleted any and all folders for Eagle. But the new install in "Programs" still ended up in C/Eagle..??.. The only thing I can think of is there is some stuff in registry. Oh Well, Carl

Art Eckstein

Carl,
Yep, dang registery again.  And if you don't know what your doing, I cannot recommend hunting it down.  The only way I would do it is because I use image back up of the hard drive and if I mess up, can put it back the way it was before messing up.  I don't trust "System restore" to do it for me if I screw up!

Country

At 07:03 PM 3/16/2015, you wrote:

Art, I did uninstall it first and try a new install. Just the same way you did yours. I uninstalled it, then deleted any and all folders for Eagle. But the new install in "Programs" still ended up in C/Eagle..??.. The only thing I can think of is there is some stuff in registry. Oh Well, Carl

Ren� Onbekend

Hello, since a couple of days I am trying to make it work, Win7, Eagle 6.5 and PCB-GCODE 3.6.2.4. No success so far. After the make board command I get an error message saying: "illegal phase 0 in main routine" and the message: "Run: pcb-gcode.ulp finished (error level 1)". Does anybody have an idea what this means ?  Thanks, René

John J <john6060842@...>

Have you checked the info on page 7 of the manual?

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 6:00 PM, rene2545@... [pcb-gcode] <pcb-gcode@...> wrote:

Hello, since a couple of days I am trying to make it work, Win7, Eagle 6.5 and PCB-GCODE 3.6.2.4. No success so far. After the make board command I get an error message saying: "illegal phase 0 in main routine" and the message: "Run: pcb-gcode.ulp finished (error level 1)". Does anybody have an idea what this means ?  Thanks, René

Carl

Hay guys, I finaly have my Windows 7 machine working correctly. The problem is my machine had PMS and she doesn't like to play fare. I tried many things to get pcb gcode to save my changes. I tried new install to "Programs" and things worked but the preview window was only about 1 inch square. That was no good. Also couldn't find the Eagle folder anyware. Finaly gave up and let Eagle install where it wanted to, C/ .Then extracted pcb gcode in the ulp folder and this time everything worked as it should.

Carl

Art Eckstein

Congradulations! Glad you finally got it to working. Now enjoy making some boards:})

At 10:10 AM 3/23/2015, you wrote:

Hay guys, I finaly have my Windows 7 machine working correctly. The problem is my machine had PMS and she doesn't like to play fare. I tried many things to get pcb gcode to save my changes. I tried new install to "Programs" and things worked but the preview window was only about 1 inch square. That was no good. Also couldn't find the Eagle folder anyware. Finaly gave up and let Eagle install where it wanted to, C/ .Then extracted pcb gcode in the ulp folder and this time everything worked as it should.

Carl

Carl

Well guys, I have my Eagle Cad and pcb gcode working correctly now. My windows 7 machine has PMS and she didn't want to play well. I installed everything unders "Programs" and everything worked but the preview. THe preview window was only about 1 inch square. After trying many things I gave up and installed Eagle where it wanted to go. C/. Then extracted pcb gcode in the ulp folder and this time every thing worked!!! Go figure. Carl