Topics

missing profiles #pcbgcode

Vaughn

Hi, new to the group and pcbgcode.

Been trying out this eagle for a time and not had much luck getting the files I need to make my cnc make a board.

downloaded the pcb-gcode and placed this in the correct folder:

D:\My Documents\Documents\eagle\external_usr-lang-prog\pcbgcode

looks like this:

when I try to run the pcb-gcode-setup action it asks I choose a style, as this is my first time using. Trouble is I have no styles listed to choose.

I have added the paths to the directories, I even added the same path to ALL directories, each in turn, to make sure I was not using the wrong one., Still no styles found. In the folders above, in the profiles one, I have some 5 styles to choose from but they never come up in the correct window so I can choose them.

I am using the eagle 9.1.1 version

Any help please Vaughn

Leonard Wohlsdorf

Hi Vaughn,  I am also new at this. I have been able to get an example to my cnc and able to level and cut. When you are
in the set up for the first time you will be asked what style you are dealing with which I think the program is trying to find the
best controller type that you have. I have bought a cheap China cnc to experiment with so I chose the "Tries to be very compatible choice" in the list and it then allows me to get into the setup settings. I believe you need to go to an example drawing and get it opened up first then go to the file, go down to run ULP.  When you select pcb-gcode-setup you will either have the screen choice of  style or it will just go straight to the rest of the setup. If you see no choices then you may need to go to gcode-defaults.h where you have to clear reset the to a new installation variable?? Haven't had to do this but see if this helps. Let me know if I can help you more to find this variable. Once you reset it to a new installation you will be given the choice again of the style. Maybe a more advanced user could help some also. Always find I need help with programing questions so the forums are great for assistance. Hope I have helped you. Let me know if you need me to look help more.
Len

Vaughn

I too have the cheep china one. Main problem is I have no profiles to choose from.

Now looking at trying the 7 version, to see if thats less trouble.

Thanks Vaughn

--
M0VLK
2E0EDN

Leonard Wohlsdorf

Vaughn, If the pcbgcode thinks you have choosen a style previously then it bypasses the style choice screen and continues to the rest of the setup program. I think you must back out of that part of the setup as though you are doing a new install. This would allow you your choice again. Hope this helps, Len

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Installed the 7.7 version and now all looks ok.

Just need to work out how to use it all lol

Thanks for the help Vaughn