From: pcb-gcoHi de@... [mailto:pcb-gcode@...] On Behalf Of rjweng91@...
Sent: 25. januar 2014 02:50
To: pcb-gcode@...
Subject: [pcb-gcode] Mirroring with gcode

I was wondering if there was a way to mirror or what ever when using Gcode or even on eagle. I made my schematic and then ran it on the cnc and it is mirrired of what I wanted. Still learning eagle sorry for the newbie question.

Bob

John Johnson <pcbgcode@...>

Just keep in mind that when etching the bottom layer, the origin point is at the lower-right side of the board. Most of the coordinates are negative.

(This makes it easier to register the bottom layer origin over the top layer origin.)

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 9:07 PM, Zulfqar Ali <zulfqar.ali@c.dk> wrote:

Hi Bob,

If you uncheck the mirror checkbox you will have what you want.

Cheers

Zulfqar

I was wondering if there was a way to mirror or what ever when using Gcode or even on eagle. I made my schematic and then ran it on the cnc and it is mirrired of what I wanted. Still learning eagle sorry for the newbie question.

Bob

Feature request....

It would be handy to be able to set the origin for the mirror, e.g. so I can mirror the board and have registration pins in the same coordinates.

Z P

I have been doing that for the past seven years namely locating the PCB in the middle of the machine bed where the machine has fixed tooling posts at X= 290mm ( machine X dimension is 580mm ) and then flipping data about X=290mm thus maintaining registration top to bottom.
There are problems with this approach subject to orthogonality of the X and Y axes and to a lesser degree orthogonality of Z axis to the XY plane.