Topics

milling out areas around traces? #eagle #pcbgcode #etch #mill

John Ferguson

I would like to increase trace and device isolation.  i can't find advice on how to do this in the PCBGCODE Manual, so assume this must be something that can be done in Eagle.

It looks as though one cuts the initial isolation passes with the etcher, than mills away adjacent copper with a milling tool.

Where should I look to read up on this?

Additionally, I've been tinning my boards with MG Chemicals Liquid Tin.  Works well if copper is properly sanded with 400 grit and degreaed with actone - IPA might be better.

Why not do same thing with via rivets?

john