Topics

mill layer #mill

R Blackman

Hello to group
I have been following the  milling layer thread and I would like some help.
I have never been able to use the milling layer.
I place text on my pcb using milling layer 46
I believe I check the correct boxes in pcb-gcode,
but the text never shows up in the cad machine (KCam or UGSPlatform) display.

please- what  pcb-gcode boxes should be checked for milling text?

Many thanks

Richard B

Art Eckstein

Richard,
Make sure you have the text set "Vector" and not "rastor"

This may be your problem

Country

At 8/8/2018 06:12 PM, R Blackman wrote:
Hello to group
I have been following the milling layer thread and I would like some help.
I have never been able to use the milling layer.
I place text on my pcb using milling layer 46
I believe I check the correct boxes in pcb-gcode,
but the text never shows up in the cad machine (KCam or UGSPlatform) display.

please- what pcb-gcode boxes should be checked for milling text?

Many thanks

Richard B

R Blackman

Thank you for the reply, unfortunately, changing to vector did not solve the problem.
I should also mention that when I press "accept and make my board", the Windows 10 "wait" circle lasts a long time
and then Eagle immediately shuts down. The .tap file is saved in the project file though.
When I open the .tap file in WordPad, it is empty.

/Richard B

Make sure you have the text set "Vector" and not "rastor"

This may be your problem

Country

At 8/8/2018 06:12 PM, R Blackman wrote:
Hello to group
I have been following the milling layer thread and I would like some help.
I have never been able to use the milling layer.
I place text on my pcb using milling layer 46
I believe I check the correct boxes in pcb-gcode,
but the text never shows up in the cad machine (KCam or UGSPlatform) display.

please- what pcb-gcode boxes should be checked for milling text?

Many thanks

Richard B

Art Eckstein

Richard,
Sorry I can't help you further as I don't use Win10 and I am still on Ver 6.x of Eagle.

Country

-----Original Message----- From: Art Eckstein
Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2018 6:23 PM
To: pcbgcode@groups.io

Richard,
Make sure you have the text set "Vector" and not "rastor"

This may be your problem

Country

At 8/8/2018 06:12 PM, R Blackman wrote:
Hello to group
I have been following the milling layer thread and I would like some help.
I have never been able to use the milling layer.
I place text on my pcb using milling layer 46
I believe I check the correct boxes in pcb-gcode,
but the text never shows up in the cad machine (KCam or UGSPlatform) display.

please- what pcb-gcode boxes should be checked for milling text?

Many thanks

Richard B

Vaughn

Hi, I too am having problems with text.

I have set the text to Vector, the other two options I have are, 'proportional' and 'fixed'.

I attach a screen-print of the properties I have chosen. Here the pour can be 'solid', 'hatch', or 'cut out'. Not sure which to choose here.

I do get an outline of the text box but nothing is filling inside.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer, I am using eagle 7.7 on win 10 with an arduino based home build cnc

Thanks again Vaughn