Topics

Jepgs and things #mill

Vaughn

Not sure if this is the correct place or tag, apologies if I am wrong.

I feel confident with a little more work ?I can get the boards I design made but there are still some very good boards out there I would like to use. These are free of copy-write, so no problems there.

Thing is I have no idea how to convert these to a Gerber file to allow it to be machined as with the others without re drawing the schematic,

I did see that a bmp can be imported but this is often too low quality for the board.

Any ideas please

Vaughn

Jack Kennedy

https://oshpark.com/  is a great place to get pc boards made... I have used them for years..

Phillip Vogel

If what you are saying is that you have a picture of the traces on a board (that’s what I think you are saying), assuming that you have a high enough resolution image, many board shops can make boards from your artwork. There will likely be an additional setup charge, but after all, they don’t print gcode onto copper, they print black and white images.

There will also be a a charge for digitizing the hole locations, but unless it’s a complicated board, that shouldn’t be much. You will have to supply a print with the hole sizes marked.

For stuff like this, it’s easiest to deal with a local shop, but after all, this was the way boards were made before we had CAD (showing my age here).

Hope this helps