Topics

Is Eagle version 7 any good?

Paul Kiedrowski

So supposedly they improved the user interface...
Are there any great new features?
Just wondering if anyone out there has upgraded yet and has any comments on it.
And, what's the cost to go from 6.X to 7.X, is it worth it?

thanks
-Paul

Vicent Colomar Prats

You can try for yourself. Just download and give it try.

So supposedly they improved the user interface...
Are there any great new features?
Just wondering if anyone out there has upgraded yet and has any comments on it.
And, what's the cost to go from 6.X to 7.X, is it worth it?

thanks
-Paul

Roy Emeny

I too would to be interested to hear from someone using Eagle 7.x AND PCB-GCODE.
I did download Eagle 7 on to another machine for a quick look. It appears that it reads ver 6 files BUT once saved in 7 format they can't be read again by 6 - unless I missed something.  Since there has been little from the group about how well Ver 7 lives with pcb-gcode I chickened out and stayed with 6 on my milling PC.
Obviously IF there are no problems with 7 and pcbgcode it would be nice to upgrade.
For info I am an occasional hobby user running free version of Eagle.

On Wednesday, 29 April 2015, 21:18, "Paul Kiedrowski paul_kiedrowski@... [pcb-gcode]" wrote:

So supposedly they improved the user interface...
Are there any great new features?
Just wondering if anyone out there has upgraded yet and has any comments on it.
And, what's the cost to go from 6.X to 7.X, is it worth it?

thanks
-Paul

Svend Poulsen

I have used pcbgcode with Eagle version 7 and found no problems at all.
As for the user interface, just the icons being more stupid to look at, nothing new.

To: pcb-gcode@...
From: pcb-gcode@...
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 18:45:53 +0000
Subject: Re: [pcb-gcode] Is Eagle version 7 any good?

[...]

Thank you for the info.
Gave Eagle 7 another try at a superficial level I can't find a reason to upgrade, the icons really are difficult to see compared to the old ones, although perhaps that is just familiarity with 6. I presume there are advantages to 7 but as yet I have not found them.
Roy

To: pcb-gcode@...