Topics

Help modifying profile files

Scott Goldthwaite

My Shapeoko doesn't support tool changes and when I use bCNC gcode sender, it gives me an error on M06. So I'm trying to modify pcb-gcode so it doesn't use M06.  First I tried modifying my shapeoko.pp file

I changed:

string TOOL_CHANGE      = OPERATOR_PAUSE + TOOL_CODE + " ; " + FORMAT + EOL;

to this:

string TOOL_CHANGE      = COMMENT_BEGIN  + OPERATOR_PAUSE + TOOL_CODE + " ; " + FORMAT + COMMENT_END + EOL;

But this had no effect on the gcode output. I double checked that shapeoko.pp was the selected profile.  Is the tool change string of the pp file even being used by pcb-gcode?

So I changed it back and next modified gcode_default.h.
I changed string TOOL_CHANGE to:
string TOOL_CHANGE      = COMMENT_BEGIN  + OPERATOR_PAUSE + TOOL_CODE + " ; " + FORMAT + COMMENT_END + EOL;

And this did work but there's still more I want to change.   I want to modify this tool change code:
(Tool zero begin)
(Bottom Tool zero begin)
G01 Z0.0000 F10.00
M06

I want to comment out both lines (G01 a& M06) for the tool change, but I can't figure out which file I should edit.

--Scott

m_elias

I have a similar problem with M06 commands where the second M06 in the tool change code throws an error in my EMC2 installation. When it first started happening I looked into how to customize my profile/user code to remove it but I concluded that it was not possible. So now I manually edit my gcode's tool change code to change the M06 to M00 and I also insert a move command to a suitable location over head of my pcb for Z height zeroing.

Scott Goldthwaite

I figured out in the GCode Options tab if I uncheck: "Do tool change with zero step" it doesn't create the 2nd M06 command

John J <john6060842@...>

Please see sections 4.1 and 4.2 in the users manual for an explanation of .pp files, how to modify them, etc.