Topics

Hello

Jim

Hello Everyone,

I am just getting started and will tell you that I purchased a Chinese CNC router - CNC3020 - which I intend to try and use for making printed circuit boards (I guess I can't really use that terminology anymore). I am so tired of the printer-sheet, chemical-etch process, so I decided to take the plunge, even if it's not the best router to start with.

I also just downloaded Eagle, pcb-gcode, and purchased pcb-gcode-wizard, hoping that I am on my way in a good direction.

I should mention that I also have a mini machine shop with a mini mill and lathe that I have gotten all of the hardware to convert to CNC, but I don't intend to ever use them for PCB fabrication.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Jim
WI0Q

Art Eckstein

Jim,
Welcome aboard and to the fun and fascinating process of milling pcbs! Ask your questions and I am sure someone will provide you with the answer you seek. And hey, they are still PCBs to us:})