Topics

gcode #gcode

does gcode come eagle gerber files or from the eagles internal files ?
i am the author of pcbcad51 and might look at incorporating it into my software.

John Johnson

Edited

Art Eckstein

JJ will have to answer that to absolutely sure, but I would hazard a guess that because no gerber files are made, that it is from the internal files.

Country

At 8/18/2020 03:42 PM, @nigel7557nigelwright7557 via groups.io wrote:
does gcode come eagle gerber files or from the eagles internal files ?
i am the author of pcbcad51 and might look at incorporating it into my software.
_._,_._,_

joeaverage

Hi,
my understanding is that PCB-Gcode picks up its 'periphery data' by invoking a polygon pour in EAGLE. The pour
calculates the coordinates of the periphery of the copper and generates Gode to match. Then a second, and successive
pours are made, each with an increasing isolation value, each resulting in another 'pass' of the cutting tool around the
copper geometry.

To my knowledge therefore no Gerber files are involved, just the clever use of the polygon pour function of EAGLE.

Craig

does gcode come eagle gerber files or from the eagles internal files ?
i am the author of pcbcad51 and might look at incorporating it into my software.

Pierre Hilson

I think Craig is right.
I think this is based on the outline.ulp exemple from Eagle team.

Le 20 août 2020 à 09:11, joeaverage <joe.average@...> a écrit :

Hi,
my understanding is that PCB-Gcode picks up its 'periphery data' by invoking a polygon pour in EAGLE. The pour
calculates the coordinates of the periphery of the copper and generates Gode to match. Then a second, and successive
pours are made, each with an increasing isolation value, each resulting in another 'pass' of the cutting tool around the
copper geometry.

To my knowledge therefore no Gerber files are involved, just the clever use of the polygon pour function of EAGLE.

Craig

does gcode come eagle gerber files or from the eagles internal files ?
i am the author of pcbcad51 and might look at incorporating it into my software.

John Johnson

This is correct. The pour creates polygons, which are a series of coordinates for straight line segments. I convert those to g-code, do tool commands, etc. The pour is deleted, and another is created with more offset, etc.