Topics

Feedrate 100mm max?

satchid23

Hallo All,

This is my first mail to this group.
My purpose of the use of this program is to make occasionally a PCB
with my homemade CNC router.

I have been testing the latest software on my computer. I find "pcb-
gcode" already a wonderful program.
1: My machine can handle 700mm / min. Probably there is a good
reason why the federate of the program is restricted to 100 max?

2: My spindle is a one horsepower wood router that runs at max 25000
rpm. It has a collet for 8 mm shank. Would this do the job or would
there be a good reason to get a Dremmel with a 3mm collet to do the
work better?

Thank you all,
I wish you all a good 2006.

Willy

John Johnson <johnatl@...>

Blame it on the U.S. Government :-)

In the files area, try the pcb-gcode-3.0.3.zip archive. I made changes to the setup program so you can change the limits.
Run 'pcb-gcode --setup'
Go to the Limits tab, put some reasonable limits on X, Y, Z travel, and your feed rates.
Accept the changes.
Run 'pcb-gcode --setup' again.
You should be able to change the values on the Machine tab up to the limits you entered.

Let me know how it goes.

p.s. How is it the Government's fault? We should have switched over to the Metric system back in the 1970's.

On 01-Jan-2006, at 20:11, satchid23 wrote:

Hallo All,

This is my first mail to this group.
My purpose of the use of this program is to make occasionally a PCB
with my homemade CNC router.

I have been testing the latest software on my computer. I find "pcb-
gcode" already a wonderful program.
1: My machine can handle 700mm / min. Probably there is a good
reason why the federate of the program is restricted to 100 max?

2: My spindle is a one horsepower wood router that runs at max 25000
rpm. It has a collet for 8 mm shank. Would this do the job or would
there be a good reason to get a Dremmel with a 3mm collet to do the
work better?

Thank you all,
I wish you all a good 2006.

Willy

Yahoo! Groups Links

---
Help everyone. If you can't do that, then at least be nice.

John Johnson <johnatl@...>

On 01-Jan-2006, at 20:11, satchid23 wrote:
2: My spindle is a one horsepower wood router that runs at max 25000
rpm. It has a collet for 8 mm shank. Would this do the job or would
there be a good reason to get a Dremmel with a 3mm collet to do the
work better?
If your spindle's run-out (slop) is low enough relative to the size tracks you want to cut, I don't see that it would be a problem.
One other concern is finding a suitable cutter with an 8 mm shank.

Oh yeah, welcome to the Group!

---
Help everyone. If you can't do that, then at least be nice.