Topics

Best version of pcbgcode ? #pcbgcode

aurelien.frenna@...

Hello,
I am new to pcbgcode and was wondering which version is the best (in terms of features/bugs):
I have found so far:
If you have any advice/feedback on these versions, please let me know :)

harry0099@...

Hi Aurelien!

I, too, searched for the "best" version of this ULP and dug through the versions you referenced above.

I found:
The original V3.6.2.4 is the standard version without any enhancements, working more or less flawlessly, but has its drawbacks.
- If you enable "spot drill" AND enable "drill holes", your router will try to mark (spot drill) your holes with full depth, ruining your board and your V-shaped bit.
  There are workarounds written, look for "Alexander Arkusha, he describes what to do against it (afterwards you get spot drills with the defined shallow depth and drilled holes which go through completely).

Your second and third references are identical.

The last reference has all known improvements applied, including a means of defining the number of passes to use to cut out the board.
Additionally it has the option implemented to carve both sides of the trench around a signal with the same cutting direction (climbing or not climbing) resulting in well done edges on both sides of the trench.

Hope that helps...
Harry

aurelien.frenna@...

Thank you, it helps a lot, I am going with the pcb gcode 2019 :)

Queen Nanu <news@...>

Hi Harry,
Thanks for your informative response. U was in the same dilemma but after reading your post I can make an educated choice now.
Queen

emeale@...

Ola sou novo aqui e talvez esse não seja o lugar certo de perguntar, mas estou com um problema para usinar as pcbs, é o seguinte, para evitar afundar muito ou faltar fresagem eu uso o auto nivelamento  na BCNC porém o ponto zero do Eagle é na esquerda e o do BCNC é na direita. Tem como mudar o ponto zero do Eagle

NOTE from Moderator:
Tranlated to English for those who cannot understand.

Hello I am new here and maybe this is not the right place to ask, but I have a problem to machine the PCBS, it is the following, to avoid sinking too much or missing milling I use the self-leveling at BCNC but Eagle's zero point is on the left and BCNC's on the right. How to change the zero point of the Eagle

Art Eckstein

I am not 100% sure how to change the origin in Eagle, but:
1. The origin is on the left when your looking at the board view and it is a transparent view from the top of the board.
2. When you flip the board over and look at it from the bottom, the origin is on the right.

I do not use BCNC so don't know how they look at things. But when you use pcb-gcode to generate your gcodes, the origin will be on the right for the bottom of the board and on the left for the top.

Country

At 6/27/2020 07:27 PM, emeale@gmail.com wrote:
Ola sou novo aqui e talvez esse não seja o lugar certo de perguntar, mas estou com um problema para usinar as pcbs, é o seguinte, para evitar afundar muito ou faltar fresagem eu uso o auto nivelamento na BCNC porém o ponto zero do Eagle é na esquerda e o do BCNC é na direita. Tem como mudar o ponto zero do Eagle

NOTE from Moderator:
Tranlated to English for those who cannot understand.

Hello I am new here and maybe this is not the right place to ask, but I have a problem to machine the PCBS, it is the following, to avoid sinking too much or missing milling I use the self-leveling at BCNC but Eagle's zero point is on the left and BCNC's on the right. How to change the zero point of the Eagle

mariob_1960@...

No entiendo completamente la duda, puede verificar github bCNC tal vez también: tal vez escriba tonterías, a partir de ahí, al igual que en otros remitentes, usted elige dónde colocar 0; 0 de su espacio de trabajo