Topics

b# files

keith3125

Can anyone tell me how to recover a .brd from the b# (back-up files? Didn't save and Eagle crashed.
I know it's an Eagle CAD question but I thought I might get answer here faster.
Thanks, Keith

Art Eckstein

Keith,
simply rename the b# file back to .brd (and don't forget to do the same for the corresponding s# to .sch) to recover both files.

HTH

Can anyone tell me how to recover a .brd from the b# (back-up files? Didn't save and Eagle crashed.
I know it's an Eagle CAD question but I thought I might get answer here faster.
Thanks, Keith

Joe Ching

Just rename the back-up file extension to .brd

Can anyone tell me how to recover a .brd from the b# (back-up files? Didn't save and Eagle crashed.

I know it's an Eagle CAD question but I thought I might get answer here faster.

Thanks, Keith

René F. Viancos S.

Just rename with .brd the file you need to recover....

--
René Felipe Viancos.

keith3125

Thanks all.-keith

simply rename the b# file back to .brd (and don't forget to do the same for
the corresponding s# to .sch) to recover both files.

HTH

>Can anyone tell me how to recover a .brd from the b# (back-up files?
>Didn't save and Eagle crashed.
>I know it's an Eagle CAD question but I thought I might get answer here
>faster.
>Thanks, Keith

Harvey White

On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 18:15:45 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to recover a .brd from the b# (back-up files? Didn't save and Eagle crashed.I know it's an Eagle CAD question but I thought I might get answer here faster.Thanks, Keith
Rename the old (and supposedly corrupt files) .sch and .brd to a
reference name.

Try renaming the .bxx and .sxx files (I'd suggest the same number) to
.sch and .brd and open normally. Run schematic and board checks to
see if the two files agree with each other.

Move to separate directory and try untill you get the latest that
match. check the write dates and times as well, but I'm not sure how
eagle determines when to save, it ought to save both at the same time
to the appropriate file.

Harvey