Topics

autoleveller.co.uk issues...

satlewis@...

I just went to get a fresh copy of the autoleveller program and my antivirus program blocked the site.  Is anyone else's AV suite blocking/warning on the site.

Other autoleveller sources?

Stan

Art Eckstein

Stan,
After receiving your notice, I went to the site and downloaded a fresh copy of autoleveller-0.8.4.jar to see if I could replicate what your seeing. It downloaded just fine for me and I also scanned it with my AV (avera) just to be sure. No problems!

This is the first I have heard of a problem, but will forward to Daedelus to be sure he knows of any probloems.

art
country Bubba

At 07:24 PM 4/11/2015, you wrote:

I just went to get a fresh copy of the autoleveller program and my antivirus program blocked the site. Is anyone else's AV suite blocking/warning on the site.

Other autoleveller sources?

Stan

casy_ch@tbwil.ch

Stan

You are not saying what antivir program you are using.

Disconnect it, download the autoleveller-0.8.4 and reconnect your antivir.

Jean-Claude

Am 12.04.2015 um 01:39 schrieb Art Eckstein art.eckstein@... [pcb-gcode]:

�

Stan,
After receiving your notice, I went to the site and downloaded a fresh copy
of autoleveller-0.8.4.jar to see if I could replicate what your seeing. It
downloaded just fine for me and I also scanned it with my AV (avera) just
to be sure. No problems!

This is the first I have heard of a problem, but will forward to Daedelus
to be sure he knows of any probloems.

art
country Bubba

At 07:24 PM 4/11/2015, you wrote:

>I just went to get a fresh copy of the autoleveller program and my
>antivirus program blocked the site. Is anyone else's AV suite
>blocking/warning on the site.
>
>
>Other autoleveller sources?
>
>
>Stan

daedelus1982

Art just alerted me to this.

I did actually get another email along these lines. Only 1 email out of thousands of downloads so for most, these files are clean.

Antivirus programs might be unhappy about downloading executable programs (.jar's and .exe's) or even going to a web-page containing these files, especially if the AV software is set to a 'cautious mode'. Rest assured though that these files have been scanned by many AV programs in the past and I am sure they are clean.

It is also possible that your system itself has a virus and its trying to spread to any executable programs you download. I would do a full system scan ASAP and I would try downloading and installing another free AV software (I used to use Avast) and do a full scan with that too.

Hope this helps,
Daedelus.

satlewis@...

My AV software is Norton and is set cautiously.  Norton flags the website (maybe the hosting service).

I will proceed as I have used autoleveller in the past and it works really good!

Stan