Topics

Annotated g-code weirdness...! #mill

Patrick Ferrick

Hi all-

I'm attempting to produce gcode to drill a tiny little test board with a single 8-pin DIP and no traces.   I will use linuxcnc, and when I generate a drill file for the most basic setup (all I did was turn off comments, I believe) I get the attached screenshot.  

I have figured out how to modify the gcode by tweaking user-gcode.h and also by commenting out various simple stuff in pcb-gcode.ulp .
I am at a loss to modify/omit the stuff in the screenshot, though.  Plus there's a concerning spindle start-stop I can't seem to modify.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Patrick

John Johnson

Hi Patrick,

Just a quick note - I would recommend using Notepad++ to edit your files on Windows.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Regards,
John

On 20 May 2020, at 13:45, Patrick Ferrick wrote:

Hi all-

I'm attempting to produce gcode to drill a tiny little test board with a single 8-pin DIP and no traces.   I will use linuxcnc, and when I generate a drill file for the most basic setup (all I did was turn off comments, I believe) I get the attached screenshot.

I have figured out how to modify the gcode by tweaking *user-gcode.h* and also by commenting out various simple stuff in *pcb-gcode.ulp .
* I am at a loss to modify/omit the stuff in the screenshot, though.  Plus there's a concerning spindle start-stop I can't seem to modify.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Patrick

Patrick Ferrick

I do use Notepad++ and really like it!  Now if I can just get my noggin around how certain things end up in certain places in the code, I'll be all set.  I have figured out how to adjust user-gcode.h and that takes care of 75% of the changes I'd like to implement.  So far, though, I haven't been able to see where some of the highlighted stuff is generated.  

For example, when I search for things like 'High' which appears in the very beginning, I find it nowhere in any of the files I'm sifting through!

I'll get it eventually I'm sure.  Thank you for what is obviously a very non-trivial amount of work to pull this off!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/20/20 4:18 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: pcbgcode@groups.io
Subject: Re: [pcbgcode] Annotated g-code weirdness...! #mill

Hi Patrick,

Just a quick note - I would recommend using Notepad++ to edit your files on Windows.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Regards,
John

On 20 May 2020, at 13:45, Patrick Ferrick wrote:

Hi all-

I have figured out how to modify the gcode by tweaking *user-gcode.h* and also by commenting out various simple stuff in *pcb-gcode.ulp .
* I am at a loss to modify/omit the stuff in the screenshot, though.  Plus there's a concerning spindle start-stop I can't seem to modify.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Patrick

John Johnson

To get rid of the first two lines, turn off NC File Comment Machine Settings. You'll find it in GCode options. See page 12 of the manual.

The user-gcode.h should be thought of as a last resort for getting the generated gcode the way you want it. Other things you can look at are creating your own .pp profile. See page 21 of the manual.