Error Codes ?? #pcbgcode

Howard632

Hi
Well i was able to make a .nc drill file using pcbgcode with Mcnugget6750 as the
output to see if that would work on my 3018 cnc, well it seems to be the right format
Iam using Candle software ver 1.1.7 but when i run the file it pops up with 3 error codes

36: M6 T01 ; 0.600000 < ERROR 20
231: M6 T02 ; 0.900000 < ERROR 20
264: M6 T03 ; 3.000000 < ERROR 20

I have no idea what these mean, but if i ignore them it seems to work
Anyone know what might be the prob

Thanks
Howard

Howard632

Hi it seems

Error 20 – STATUS_GCODE_UNSUPPORTED_COMMAND

Unsupported or invalid g-code command found in block.

I have added the .nc file from pcbgcode 3.6.24
maybe someone can find what the prob is
Thanks
Howard

Art Eckstein

Howard,
I opened your attached etch file and all appears ok to me. It basically contains G0 and G1 commands and there are no M6 (tool change commands).

I will take a wild stab at this point and those M6 commands appear to be tool changes for your drill file as the comment portion

; 0.600000

would indicate to me a drill size and based on the size I would assume you want a .6mm.  Your file may not be properly setup to handle the necessary translation.
Intructions are in the manual in the docs. folder.

Just a thought and I may be way off base.

My question would be have you setup a At 10/21/2021 02:42 PM, Howard632 via groups.io wrote:

Hi it seems

Error 20 – STATUS_GCODE_UNSUPPORTED_COMMAND

Unsupported or invalid g-code command found in block.

I have added the .nc file from pcbgcode 3.6.24
maybe someone can find what the prob is
Thanks
Howard

Attachments:

Howard632

Hi
So I need to edit the file and put in some M6 tool change institutions to tell it to return to safe so drill change can be done there are 3 different sizes
0.6000
0.9000
3.0000
Am new to all this cnc stuff so have got a bit of a learning curve ahead
But would be grateful for any help or pointers
[...]

Yes, look in the "pcbgcode.pdf" file that is in your docs folder from when you unzipped the download and look for

4.3 Drill Rack Files . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 31

in the table of contents.

This may help you figure out the problem.

Country

At 10/21/2021 03:58 PM, Howard632 via groups.io wrote:
[...]

I think i have made a drill rack file ???
would anyone look at it to see if
it is done the right way
i use notepad++ and set the tab space to 12
as it says in the file

Thanks
Howard

Art Eckstein

Howard,
To me, you layout appears proper and correct.
However, Instead of making the min and max size exactly the same, I would use overlapping ranges.
I beleive your thinking that these are the drill sizes I have, but the footpad hole size in your board layout may NOT be exactly what your drill sizing is.

So lets start with the T01.  Ok your file would indicate the smallest drill size that you have in your rack is 0.5mm Great. I would set up the minimum to be 0.00mm and max of 0.50mm.  This way if the footprint pad has a hole size of say 0.40mm, you will use the 0.50mm drill to make the hole. With your existing setup, you have no drill to make the hole!

For T02, I would set the min to a dim of 0.501mm and a max of 0.60mm.  Again, this gives you a range of fooprint setups to be covered and the maximum hole size will be 0.600mm.

Then continue on down the chart in simular fashion until you cover the range of drills that you have and the last maximum size should be well beyond the largest drill you have in your rack.  That way if you have a large mounting pad hole beyond the size of you rack, it will drill a pilot hole that you can then enlarge with a normal hand drill or whatever.

HTH

Country

At 10/25/2021 10:51 AM, Howard632 via groups.io wrote:
Hi
I think i have made a drill rack file ???
would anyone look at it to see if
it is done the right way
i use notepad++ and set the tab space to 12
as it says in the file

Thanks
Howard

John Johnson

Thanks Art, you 'da man!

I noticed T04 has spaces instead of a tab between the drill_size and the minimum. pcb-gcode needs a single tab between the columns.

On Oct 25, 2021, at 11:36 AM, Art Eckstein <art.eckstein@...> wrote:

[...]

Well thats good to know i got something right !!
I have amended the file as you have suggested
but now when i run pcbgcode in eagle it gives
me a few popups saying the same thing

rack file.../settings/AUX SWITCH BOARD_TEST_3.drl
no drill sub for 0.040000"  1.016000mm

and i press the button " shutup already " and it carrys
on till it pops up again, think it do that about 3 or 4 times
then it makes the drill file
oh by the way that prob with jaw**.exe not found or working
well i found out it has something to do with preview, turning
it off in the pcbgcode setup stops it showing.

Howard

Art Eckstein

Howard,
Not having your revised file, I can only go on the one submitted.
Looking at the ranges for your called out drill size, there is none if you just corrected the original file

T04     0.900mm         0.900mm  0.900mm 1.5in
T05     2.000mm  2.000mm 2.000mm  1.5in

Based on my previous rec. you should have a max size of 0.90mm and did you possibly miss the next min size for T05 to not be inclusive of of ~1.0mm?????

Or it very well is more likely the 'space' vs 'tab' situation as noted by JJ.

Just a thought. At 10/25/2021 12:28 PM, Howard632 via groups.io wrote:

Hi
Well thats good to know i got something right !!
I have amended the file as you have suggested
but now when i run pcbgcode in eagle it gives
me a few popups saying the same thing

rack file.../settings/AUX SWITCH BOARD_TEST_3.drl
no drill sub for 0.040000"  1.016000mm

and i press the button " shutup already " and it carrys
on till it pops up again, think it do that about 3 or 4 times
then it makes the drill file
oh by the way that prob with jaw**.exe not found or working
well i found out it has something to do with preview, turning
it off in the pcbgcode setup stops it showing.

Howard

Howard632

HI
Thanks john for that !!

Howard

Howard632

Heres the revised file

MC Briers

Yeah

The it is

You skipped a range between 0.900mm and 1.900mm:

T04 0.900mm 0.801mm 0.900mm 1.5in
T05 2.000mm 1.900mm 2.000mm 1.5in

But good job overall!

Cheers

MC

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 6:50 PM Howard632 via groups.io <howard632=virginmedia.com@groups.io> wrote:
Heres the revised file

vlaslu

Polib mě prdel debile!!!

Odesláno z mého Redmi Note 4
Dne "Howard632 via groups.io" <howard632@...>, 25. 10. 2021 6:50 odp. napsal(a):

Heres the revised file

Art Eckstein

Howard,
You seem to be missing a couple of ranges:
Emacs!
There is nothing between 2.01mm and 2.4mm
and nothing between 2.51mm and 3mm

You need to cover these ranges in some manner.

HTH

At 10/25/2021 12:50 PM, Howard632 via groups.io wrote:
Heres the revised file

Howard632

Hi
These are the only drill bits i have all are mm:
.3
.4
.5
.6
.7
.8
.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
3.05

but when i try to make a drill file it tells me its not correct, and its doing my damn head in lol

Howard

MC Briers

Howard

Here is what you need in your drill file, as far as I understand.  You will have to do the formatting (tabs & spaces, as written in the instructions at the top of the sample file.

T01 0.300 0.000mm 0.300mm 38.100mm
T02 0.400 0.301mm 0.400mm 38.100mm
T03 0.500 0.401mm 0.500mm 38.100mm
T04 0.600 0.501mm 0.600mm 38.100mm
T05 0.700 0.601mm 0.700mm 38.100mm
T06 0.800 0.701mm 0.800mm 38.100mm
T07 0.900 0.801mm 0.900mm 38.100mm
T08 1.000 0.901mm 1.000mm 38.100mm
T09 1.100 1.001mm 1.100mm 38.100mm
T10 1.200 1.101mm 1.200mm 38.100mm
T11 1.300 1.201mm 1.300mm 38.100mm
T12 1.400 1.301mm 1.400mm 38.100mm
T13 1.500 1.401mm 1.500mm 38.100mm
T14 1.600 1.501mm 1.600mm 38.100mm
T15 1.700 1.601mm 1.700mm 38.100mm
T16 1.800 1.701mm 1.800mm 38.100mm
T17 1.900 1.801mm 1.900mm 38.100mm
T18 2.000 1.901mm 2.000mm 38.100mm
T19 3.050 2.001mm 3.050mm 38.100mm

Have fun and go drill those holes!

MC

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 3:50 PM Howard632 via groups.io <howard632=virginmedia.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for that mate
will give it a go tomorrow

Howard

On 28 October 2021 at 15:04 MC Briers <mcbriers@...> wrote:

[...]

Well it looks like the problem is something to do with M6 tool change codes !!
Had a look around and found this info about the M6 command not work in all
So i downloaded the ( grbl.pp ) file and put it into:
C:\Users\howar\Documents\EAGLE\external_usr-lang-prog\pcbgcode\profiles
so then i run the pcbgcode setup and select the grbl.pp file then tell it to use the drill
rack file (AUX SWITCH BOARD_TEST_3.drl) it makes the files for drill
i open the ( AUX SWITCH BOARD_TEST_3.top.drill.nc ) in Candle V 1.1.7
and run it in check mode which seemed to work ok !
then i try a live run and then it starts with errors one being  M00 ; INSTALL PROBE < error:9
whats all that about ?  what kind of probe ?  on my controll board there are 2pins marked PROBE
is this where to fit the probe ?

sorry about all these questions  am a newbie to all this Hardware \ Software
Thanks
Howard