If you draw lines on the Milling layer, pcb-gcode will generate gcode to cut down the center of those lines.
So the way you want your artwork to appear would determine which layer you draw on.
Whether pcbgcode is the right tool for the job is another question :-)

On Aug 7, 2018, 12:59 PM -0400, watchman911@..., wrote:
I am very familiar with Eagle going clear back to 4.09..I want to use Eagle to make design in .sch for plexiglass cutting and then somehow make Gcode from that..Should I use symbol for the lines/circles, or should i use signals and then do it all in .brd ??????
maybe pcbgcode is not the right thing to use for plexiglass etching..?? can anyone give me some direction please..thanks for any help..

Rick Obel

I will be interested in this, too.  If Eagle cannot be used for this purpose, perhaps Fusion3D can, even though it is only 2D?  I intend to explore that and will report any success.

From: pcbgcode@groups.io [mailto:pcbgcode@groups.io] On Behalf Of watchman911@...
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 9:44 AM
To: pcbgcode@groups.io
Subject: [pcbgcode] cutting plexiglass #mill

I am very familiar with Eagle going clear back to 4.09..I want to use Eagle to make design in .sch for plexiglass cutting and then somehow make Gcode from that..Should I use symbol for the lines/circles, or should i use signals and then do it all in .brd ??????
maybe pcbgcode is not the right thing to use for plexiglass etching..?? can anyone give me some direction please..thanks for any help..

Jack Kennedy

thankyou.. for the info on how to use layers..looks like this should work perfect..thankyou

spinnaker

You might be better to use something like Drafsight then use Cambam to convert to gcode.   Cambam is not free but has a number of trail tries.

Bernardc

As agree, CAMBAM is the best tool to make etching. You can import DXF or draw directly your sketch. To test you can use the free version, limited but really usefull. Have a look on CAMBAM site

Bernard