Topics

pcb gcode settings dont save

Ren� Onbekend

Thanks for your reply.

Assuming you mean page 7 of the pbd-gcode manual, the answer is yes. So all settings are OK.

However in the meantime i have installed eagle 6.5 as well as pcb-gcode on my windows XP machine. That combination works fine and no error codes are shown now.

I saw the message from c.webs telling that he managed to get everything working under win7. So maybe there is still a possibility to get it running.

Regards, Rene

Art Eckstein

Gotcha! But I don't think it will be able to control the machine if that is what your trying to do. To much windows overhead and EMC2 will not have direct control of the parallel port if at all. If your just trying to run it in virtual box to see what it looks like, I have a copy of 2.7 working now in win7 64bit!

If you want to use EMC2 why not just use the Linux "Live" dvd and boot to that?? No need for virtual box.

Running virtualbox on XP with a base EMC2 image.

sang kang

Running virtualbox on XP with a base EMC2 image.

Art Eckstein

Huh????
EMC2 is linux based and has nothing to do with XP!
What are you trying to accomplish????

This is on Windows 7 32bit or 64bit?
I'm trying to upgrade my EMC2 from XP.

sang kang

This is on Windows 7 32bit or 64bit?
I'm trying to upgrade my EMC2 from XP.

Carl

Well guys, I have my Eagle Cad and pcb gcode working correctly now. My windows 7 machine has PMS and she didn't want to play well. I installed everything unders "Programs" and everything worked but the preview. THe preview window was only about 1 inch square. After trying many things I gave up and installed Eagle where it wanted to go. C/. Then extracted pcb gcode in the ulp folder and this time every thing worked!!! Go figure. Carl

Art Eckstein

Congradulations! Glad you finally got it to working. Now enjoy making some boards:})

At 10:10 AM 3/23/2015, you wrote:

Hay guys, I finaly have my Windows 7 machine working correctly. The problem is my machine had PMS and she doesn't like to play fare. I tried many things to get pcb gcode to save my changes. I tried new install to "Programs" and things worked but the preview window was only about 1 inch square. That was no good. Also couldn't find the Eagle folder anyware. Finaly gave up and let Eagle install where it wanted to, C/ .Then extracted pcb gcode in the ulp folder and this time everything worked as it should.

Carl

Carl

Hay guys, I finaly have my Windows 7 machine working correctly. The problem is my machine had PMS and she doesn't like to play fare. I tried many things to get pcb gcode to save my changes. I tried new install to "Programs" and things worked but the preview window was only about 1 inch square. That was no good. Also couldn't find the Eagle folder anyware. Finaly gave up and let Eagle install where it wanted to, C/ .Then extracted pcb gcode in the ulp folder and this time everything worked as it should.

Carl

John J <john6060842@...>

Have you checked the info on page 7 of the manual?

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 6:00 PM, rene2545@... [pcb-gcode] <pcb-gcode@...> wrote:

Hello, since a couple of days I am trying to make it work, Win7, Eagle 6.5 and PCB-GCODE 3.6.2.4. No success so far. After the make board command I get an error message saying: "illegal phase 0 in main routine" and the message: "Run: pcb-gcode.ulp finished (error level 1)". Does anybody have an idea what this means ?  Thanks, René

Ren� Onbekend

Hello, since a couple of days I am trying to make it work, Win7, Eagle 6.5 and PCB-GCODE 3.6.2.4. No success so far. After the make board command I get an error message saying: "illegal phase 0 in main routine" and the message: "Run: pcb-gcode.ulp finished (error level 1)". Does anybody have an idea what this means ?  Thanks, René

Art Eckstein

Carl,
Yep, dang registery again.  And if you don't know what your doing, I cannot recommend hunting it down.  The only way I would do it is because I use image back up of the hard drive and if I mess up, can put it back the way it was before messing up.  I don't trust "System restore" to do it for me if I screw up!

Country

At 07:03 PM 3/16/2015, you wrote:

Art, I did uninstall it first and try a new install. Just the same way you did yours. I uninstalled it, then deleted any and all folders for Eagle. But the new install in "Programs" still ended up in C/Eagle..??.. The only thing I can think of is there is some stuff in registry. Oh Well, Carl

Carl

Art, I did uninstall it first and try a new install. Just the same way you did yours. I uninstalled it, then deleted any and all folders for Eagle. But the new install in "Programs" still ended up in C/Eagle..??.. The only thing I can think of is there is some stuff in registry. Oh Well, Carl

Art Eckstein

Carl,
I installed it to :
"C:&#92;Program Files (x86)&#92;EAGLE-6.1.0"
on my win7 machine.

As I remember, I used the defaults for the install and then changed the directory structure as needed so it would work as needed. Obviously, I still use V 6.1.0, but I would doubt they would change the installer??? You may have to do an uninstall and reinstall to get it to go there.

At 10:00 AM 3/16/2015, you wrote:

John and all others with an intrest to my problem.

I extracted the zip into Documents. I looked in Documents and all files and folders are there including the two ulp. I then set the path in options and Eagle excepts it. NOW for the weard stuff. I open Eagle and go to my board. Click on File and then Open and go to the pcb-gcode in Documents. ALL the folders are empty!?. The folders are there, but empty. I get out of everything and go to Documents and all the folders have all the files and the two ulp are there. WUWT. I also tried to install Eagle in Programs, but it still ended up in C/ Eagle. While I can still make all my changes in the .h files, I think just like John said, My Windows 7 install is a controlling bitch. LOL Is there a way of getting Eagle installed without ending up in C/ ?

Thanks , Carl

Carl

[...]

I did have pcb gcode in "Documents" and it didn't work there, I think the path might have been put in wrong. BUT I think your are correct. Untill I get it changed I have found a work around. Pcb gcode put the settings folder in the ulp folder. I made the changes in the .h files and they stuck. Tomorrow I will fun another gcode made from the new .h settings and run them on the cnc. Thanks guys, Carl

John J <john6060842@...>

I would try moving pcb-gcode to a folder somewhere inside your \Users\Your Name\My Documents folder.
This sounds like a case of Windows trying to protect you from malware. It monitors files outside of Users folders (don't recall all details exactly), and when it sees a change, it restores a backup copy it made.

See the note on pg. 7 in the manual.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 6:07 PM, John Johnson <john@...> wrote:
I would try moving pcb-gcode to a folder somewhere inside your \Users\Your Name\My Documents folder.
This sounds like a case of Windows trying to protect you from malware. It monitors files outside of Users folders (don't recall all details exactly), and when it sees a change, it restores a backup copy it made.

See the note on pg. 7 in the manual.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 3:25 PM, cwebs@... [pcb-gcode] <pcb-gcode@...> wrote:

Untill I find a fix I'll use the Winblows 7 laptop and move the board files over to the vista machine to make the gcode. I just tried that and was running a dry test on my cnc with good results. Carl

Carl

Untill I find a fix I'll use the Winblows 7 laptop and move the board files over to the vista machine to make the gcode. I just tried that and was running a dry test on my cnc with good results. Carl

Art Eckstein

Carl,
Having a drought here and no more grass that I can find to cut! Maybe someone with more brains than me can figure it out!

I also need to add that Vista and Win 7 are set up the same. Works in Vista. Vista properties are "Read Only" and pcb gcode saves all changes. More grass is needed. Carl

Carl

I also need to add that Vista and Win 7 are set up the same. Works in Vista. Vista properties are "Read Only" and pcb gcode saves all changes. More grass is needed. Carl

Carl

I have looked at the file properties and they are checked "Read Only". I remove the check mark and click on allow. No change. I go back to the properties and it is checked read only. I can't make change there. I am administrator. And, yes I have the options set correctly also. Looks like the hole field will have to be cut! Carl