Topics

Eagle 7 ???

Roy Emeny

Hi All,
I am using Eagle 6.6 as freeware with PCB-GCODE (hobby use only).
Not sure if there is a freeware version of Eagle 7?
I believe the data structure is different so I assume 'we' need to stay with 6.6 and perhaps save a copy for future use on future machines if Eagle is about to become a program for companies only?
Any thoughts out there?
Roy

Fox Mulder <quakeman1@...>

Right after start of eagle 7 it asks which license you want to use and
there is still the freeware option present.

Am 28.07.2014 um 11:46 schrieb Roy Emeny forjacdf@... > Hi All,

I am using Eagle 6.6 as freeware with PCB-GCODE (hobby use only).
Not sure if there is a freeware version of Eagle 7?
I believe the data structure is different so I assume 'we' need to stay
with 6.6 and perhaps save a copy for future use on future machines if
Eagle is about to become a program for companies only?
Any thoughts out there?
Roy

Roy Emeny

Thanks Fox,

That's good to know.
I wonder if anyone has tried PCB-GCODE with Eagle 7?
For me, without PCB-GCODE, Eagle would be of little use.

Roy

Dylan Van Assche

I used already EAGLE 7.0 with PCBGCODE without any problems. The only 'big' difference is the layout of EAGLE.

Cheers,
Dylan

Thanks Fox,

That's good to know.
I wonder if anyone has tried PCB-GCODE with Eagle 7?
For me, without PCB-GCODE, Eagle would be of little use.

Roy

Art Eckstein

Just as a note, I have been reading on other groups about the new "licensing" scheme that is incorporated into V7 and if what I am reading is true, you also need an internet connect each time it is used as it "phones home" on each use.

There was one who pondered if there was even a "free license" in the new version, but another said there was.

I read where one gentleman was extremely frustrated at the changes that V7 made to his previous work so much so that it made it impossible to use without hours of rework.

Others has said they are reverting back to V5 or V6 for the time being.

Just a word of caution until it all settles down.

Art
Country bubba

 At 11:35 AM 7/28/2014, you wrote:

I used already EAGLE 7.0 with PCBGCODE without any problems. The only 'big' difference is the layout of EAGLE.

Cheers,
Dylan

Thanks Fox,

That's good to know.
I wonder if anyone has tried PCB-GCODE with Eagle 7?
For me, without PCB-GCODE, Eagle would be of little use.

Roy

Roy Emeny

Thanks Dylan,
Sounds like good news then after my original depression!
Read a load of critical emails re the new licensing and assumed the worst.
So I guess the only thing to get depressed about was that I was not corresponding with the real Fox M!!
All the best,
Roy

--

John Johnson <john6060842@...>

Fingers crossed they don't break things. Wouldn't be a good time.

 At 11:35 AM 7/28/2014, you wrote:

I used already EAGLE 7.0 with PCBGCODE without any problems. The only 'big' difference is the layout of EAGLE.

Cheers,
Dylan

Thanks Fox,

That's good to know.
I wonder if anyone has tried PCB-GCODE with Eagle 7?
For me, without PCB-GCODE, Eagle would be of little use.

Roy

Harvey White

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:11:24 +0100, you wrote:

Thanks Fox,

That's good to know.
I wonder if anyone has tried PCB-GCODE with Eagle 7?
I haven't. V7 is having mixed reviews, partially due to the license
issue.

Right now, I'm sticking with V6.

Harvey

For me, without PCB-GCODE, Eagle would be of little use.

Roy

Dylan Van Assche

I didn't know anything about the new licensing? Can somebody tell me short what has been changed?

Cheers,
Dylan

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:11:24 +0100, you wrote:

>Thanks Fox,
>
>That's good to know.
>I wonder if anyone has tried PCB-GCODE with Eagle 7?

I haven't. V7 is having mixed reviews, partially due to the license
issue.

Right now, I'm sticking with V6.

Harvey

>For me, without PCB-GCODE, Eagle would be of little use.
>
>Roy

Harvey White

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:51:57 +0200, you wrote:

I didn't know anything about the new licensing? Can somebody tell me short
what has been changed?
From what I have heard.

1) you are limited to one computer rigidly, no "one computer at a
time". This may or may not be a real change.
2) Apparently, the program "phones home" each time it is run to make
sure that it's properly licensed. This apparently needs a valid
Internet connection, convenient or possible or not...

There's more on the Yahoo Cadsoft list.

Harvey

Cheers,
Dylan

pcb-gcode@...>:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:11:24 +0100, you wrote:

Thanks Fox,

That's good to know.
I wonder if anyone has tried PCB-GCODE with Eagle 7?
I haven't. V7 is having mixed reviews, partially due to the license
issue.

Right now, I'm sticking with V6.

Harvey

For me, without PCB-GCODE, Eagle would be of little use.

Roy

jeff.birt

Why not go read the information directly from the source? Take a look at: http://www.cadsoftusa.com/lizenzierung/

There is a link on that page to license documentation in the manual:

http://www.cadsoft.de/wp-content/uploads/installation_en.pdf

It looks like a standard node locked license system for single user licenses and they are using FlexLM for multi-user (concurrent) licenses. Both of these are standard licensing practices these days so I don’t see why folks are getting their skirts in a bunch.

Jeff Birt

Soigeneris.com

--

Modulebaan.tk