Topics

Autoleveler on tb6560

Ivan de Jesus Deras Tabora

By looking your video I see you specify pin 15 as Home Z, but it you should be "Probe In", maybe that's the problem.

Regards,
Iván

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM, theguytrain1@... [pcb-gcode] <pcb-gcode@...> wrote:

take a look at that video and could you tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I have setup the switch to be in pin 17 and the machine moves but I can't set z axis home.
and also check the continuity on the wires and they are working.
the switcher I connect on the 5 pins connection.
I took on reference a information I found on the Internet that it said

1  X axis limit
2  Y axis limit
3  Z axis limit <--------
4  Estop                  | switch
5  GND         <---------

when I'm setting the switch I choose home Z should, I choose other option or that one is good ??

look the video here autoleveler in TB6560 with linuxcnc 2.5.4

autoleveler in TB6560 with linuxcnc 2.5.4
something wrong with this configuration ???
Preview by Yahoo

The Guy Train 1

with G38.2 Z12 x3 ??

El Lunes, 23 de junio, 2014 21:11:04, "Ivan de Jesus Deras Tabora ideras@... [pcb-gcode]" escribió:

[...]

in order to probe in I need to use test command like the way you explaint my before ??
with the G38 z12 x3 "G-code"??

Ivan de Jesus Deras Tabora

The command "G38.2 Z12 x3" will allow you test your configuration.  If everything is fine the Z axis should stop when it the tool make contact with the copper surface.  But remember first to change the configuration for pin 15 to "Probe In" not "Home Z".  Look at this screenshot, pin 13 is configured as "Probe In".

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 7:29 PM, theguytrain1@... [pcb-gcode] <pcb-gcode@...> wrote:

in order to probe in I need to use test command like the way you explaint my before ??
with the G38 z12 x3 "G-code"??

gamsga

Hi,
i use same config like you linuxcnc 2.5.x and an 3 axis mill (inkl tool changer )
I use Eagle 5.x with an ULP Autolevel program

Important is that your probe pin (google it in linuxcnc ) works
I use G38.2 Z-3 F25  for that
if that works you can use auto leveling.
I use it btw for 0 the z axis.
So i have an plastic vacuum table so i use the "needle" as one part and the copper of the pcb as 2nd part for the touch with the G38.2 command i find exact 0 of copper to "etch" it.

i hope that helped

Dan Andersson

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 18:18:01 -0700
"federico mato theguytrain1@... [pcb-gcode]" <pcb-gcode@...> wrote:

with G38.2 Z12 x3 ??

No,

Use one axis only, like "G38.2 Z12 F3"

F3 is the plunge speed and you want to go slow first times so you don't kill the tool holder.

My Lumenlab M3 mill will justabout totally wreck the PCB and the vacuum board if the probe doesn't
get the cutoff signal.

//Dan

Dan Andersson

On 23 Jun 2014 18:29:52 -0700
"theguytrain1@... [pcb-gcode]" <pcb-gcode@...> wrote:

in order to probe in I need to use test command like the way you explaint my before ??
with the G38 z12 x3 "G-code"??

F3, not x3

And yes, it's Gcode entered in the MDI mode. Press <F5> to enter mdi mode

//dan

Dan Andersson

Again,

Use the Feed command "F3" and not the "x3". Where did that come from? Did I make a typo earlier?

//Dan

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 19:45:29 -0600

"Ivan de Jesus Deras Tabora ideras@... [pcb-gcode]" <pcb-gcode@...> wrote:

The command "G38.2 Z12 x3" will allow you test your configuration. If
everything is fine the Z axis should stop when it the tool make contact
with the copper surface. But remember first to change the configuration
for pin 15 to "Probe In" not "Home Z". Look at this screenshot, pin 13 is
configured as "Probe In".

http://forscience.nl/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/LinuxCnc-stepConf-Wizard-parallelPort-screen.png

Regards,
Iván

pcb-gcode@...> wrote:

in order to probe in I need to use test command like the way you explaint
my before ??
with the G38 z12 x3 "G-code"??

daedelus1982

Maybe my probe setup guide will help: CNC Probe Guide - Autoleveller

In LinuxCNC, use the hal meter as described to safely check the probe is working.

The Guy Train 1

I want to say thanks guys for all your help. I finally made it. The cnc is using autorleveler prog. It took me a wild to figure out what was the problem but I finally found it. It was the side of the x and y axis bed size and the z axis. That is why in the video you can see the height is too hieght.

Thx guy
Excuse me English.