Topics

Line Feed Formatting Help

John Johnson <john6060842@...>

SciTE is a nice editor, and is incredibly small for its capabilities.
The installer at this link will set up a right-click menu so you can right-click on a gcode file and open it in SciTE.
http://opensource.ebswift.com/SciTEInstaller/

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 4:25 PM, scott.goldthwaite@... [pcb-gcode] <pcb-gcode@...> wrote:

What editor do you like?

scott.goldthwaite@...

What editor do you like?

John Johnson <john6060842@...>

Don't use notepad.

I always install a line-ending aware editor when working on windows. It takes too much work to make notepad work.

On May 19, 2014, at 11:44 AM, "scott.goldthwaite@... [pcb-gcode]" <pcb-gcode@...> wrote:

I'm using PCB-Gcode on a Mac.  In my profile I changed the EOL string to "\r\n"

If I open the generated gcode in Windows Notepad, it looks fine, but if I save it then re-open it Notepad, I lose the new line formatting.  Everything wraps as one big mess.

scott.goldthwaite@...