Topics

The move to groups.io has begun... #migration

John Johnson

Groups.io just asked for, and I gave the go-ahead to begin transferring the group over.

Here is what they will attempt to do:
Transfer Members
Transfer Messages
Transfer Photos
Transfer Files
Transfer Links
Transfer Databases
Send a message to your members when the transfer is complete

Depending on Yahoo! and demand, this may take a few days.

Thanks to you all who have offered input and encouragement, and to Art for moderating folks in the new group!

On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 12:08 PM, John T. Johnson <john@...> wrote:
Based on mostly positive feedback, I’ve begun the move to groups.io.
This may take a couple of days. You’ll get an email saying your account at groups.io is waiting to be confirmed. You can log in there to complete the process.
Your email and group preferences will be transferred. So, if you were unmoderated before, you’ll be unmoderated on groups.io. If you selected a message digest, that will be transferred, etc.

You don’t have to wait to be transferred, you can go ahead and join on groups.io, and you won’t be overwritten on the transfer.

Please see my message there about posting pcb-gcode on GitHub. Both this move to groups.io, and the (probable) move to GitHub are to stimulate interest in pcb-gcode. I think it’s a great program, and know that many people have and do benefit from it. People are also making great contributions to the code. I don’t want pcb-gcode to suffer because I don’t have a lot of time to devote to it.

I welcome your input, and hope to see you at our new home!

Thanks,

Okay, we’re migrated!

Regards, JJ

oscar@...

Seven years lurker here,

My account was properly migrated, and thank you guys for your efforts so we can carve those damned PCB's

...Best part is "you do not have to do anything"

Regards

Carlo Calica

Hi,

Long time lurker too.  I'm getting emails from groups.io.  Anything else I need to do to make sure I'm migrated properly?

Thanks.

Carlo

--
Carlo J. Calica

Art Eckstein

Carlo,
From what I understand, your in!  The move included all the people (whose emails were not bouncing) from the yahoo group. And as your message came through, that's all there is to it.
Look forward to seeing you around.

Moderator.

At 03:04 PM 6/7/2018, Carlo Calica wrote:
Hi,

Long time lurker too.  I'm getting emails from groups.io.  Anything else I need to do to make sure I'm migrated properly?Â