Topics

Native #macos #viewer

JBDynamics

The Github repo looks great. You are indeed correct on issues and pull requests, the pull requests will need to be vetted before being merged back to the master codebase.

I have some free time this coming week, and I was hoping that you would welcome someone developing a native macOS app replacement for the Java viewer applet. Running jars bundled into macOS apps has become increasingly problematic since macOS 10.10. I have an Apple Enterprise macOS account, so I can sign the app for universal distribution.

John Johnson

That would be awesome!
As I recall, OS detection is done in the Eagle code, then the appropriate viewer is called. It should be easy to call a different viewer from there.

Let me know if you’re able to successfully fork the repo and whatever else you need to do.

Thanks,