Re: Older files were on GitHub, anyone want to verify what I've uploaded? #pcbgcode #thanks

Harvey White

I find that I'm doing 2 and 4 layer boards with 100+ pin processors.

I'm not sure how pcb_gcode would help in this situation, although if I wanted to, I could at least make extender boards, dual sided, etc.

It would take a bit of effort to replace the controller in a PCB etcher (which had a license locked etcher controller).

I could do that, then run the whole thing off a 3D printer board with external drivers (2.5 amp @ 30 volt or so).

I can do it, just haven't found the reason why, and that's because I don't need extender boards all that much.

Still, for simpler boards (and I do 2 and 4 layer boards now with embedded TQ-100 (at least) processors), the program can't deliver what I need.

It's a very  nice piece of work, though, for somewhat simpler designs.

Harvey

On 3/4/2022 7:46 PM, John Johnson wrote:

Hi Art,

Thanks for checking that out!

Happy Birthday!

That's quite a milestone. Must be all those years of living right, plus a liberal application of cutting fluid now and then :-)

Rest assured, if I move the group, you'll be coming along as admin. So far, no response other than yours. If I move the group, it probably won't be for a while, as I'm short on time.

Good to hear from you!
Keep making chips.

Art Eckstein wrote:

OK, downloaded the zip file and loaded the dir into eagle 6.1 that I
use and seems to work just fine.  Did some poking around and all
seemed fine.

Country

At 3/2/2022 02:01 PM, John Johnson wrote:

I just uploaded what should be version 3.6.2.4 to GitHub, and would
appreciate anyone who can verify that it works. I had some older
files on there, 3.6.0.x.

I don't currently have anything set up to check it with, sadly, not
even Eagle.

https://github.com/JohnAtl/pcbgcode/releases/tag/Release-3.6.2.4

Thanks, JJ