Re: PCB-Gcode in Fusion 360 #pcbgcode

John Johnson

The space in your path could be a problem. I don't recall if I ever created a workaround for that (in "Fusion 360").
The larger issue is the last error that you got. This looks like they have changed the ulp language, causing pcb-gcode to break.
Probably the most expedient way to resolve the issue is to downgrade to Eagle for the time being.

On Aug 18, 2020, 2:13 AM -0400, zorglups.mailing@..., wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Small typo]

Hello,

First message in this group. I spent hours reading your messages and this helped me to use pcb-gcode to laser etch pcb boards using a old and modified 3D printer.
Thank you for that. You made it possible.

Yesterday, looking at an Eagle problem with my son, we discovered that Fusion 360 was taking over PCB design.
Before investing too much time learning Eagle, we made the switch and I spent an evening trying to make pcb-gcode working again.

Here is what I did:
  1. Copied "C:\Users\p.hilson\Documents\EAGLE\ulps\pcb-gcode-2019" to "C:\Users\p.hilson\Documents\Fusion 360\ulps\pcb-gcode-2019"
  2. Launch the ULP pcb-gcode-setup.ulp:
    1. Click Automate / Run ULP
    2. Choose the right directory in the dropdown menu.
    3. Choose pcb-gcode-setup.ulp
    4. ERROR: ULP complained about some path not correct.
  3. Moved the content of "C:\Users\p.hilson\Documents\Fusion 360\ulps\pcb-gcode-2019" one directory up, straight into "C:\Users\p.hilson\Documents\Fusion 360\ulps"
  4. Launch the ULP pcb-gcode-setup.ulp:
    1. Click Automate / Run ULP
    2. Choose the right directory in the dropdown menu.
    3. Choose pcb-gcode-setup.ulp
    4. Checked the options and changed the output directory to "c:/Temp/pcb-gcode"
  5. Launch the ULP pcb-gcode.ulp:
    1. Click Automate / Run ULP
    2. Choose the right directory in the dropdown menu.
    3. Choose and launch pcb-gcode.ulp
    4. ERROR:
      C:/Users/p.hilson/Documents/Fusion 360/ulps/pcb-gcode.ulp(1494)
      polygons loop is deprecated. Use polyPours polyShapes polyCutouts instead.
I have tried different things to not avail. Before the error pops up, I see that the ULP draws a polygon outside of the limits of the board dimensions.
Maybe a problem with a label being outside of the board ?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thank you,

Pierre