Re: Best size end mill for milling perimeter of PCB? #mill

Phillip Vogel

Just a data point: 0.0625 inches is 1/16 inch, a pretty common size in our metric-illiterate world.

Also, I’d really like to hear more about your vacuum fixture. I have built one, but I’m curious as to how you get that smart hole tolerance. Mine lets go when there is a hole of any significant size.

From: pcbgcode@groups.io <pcbgcode@groups.io> On Behalf Of mariob_1960 via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2019 6:32 PM
To: pcbgcode@groups.io
Subject: Re: [pcbgcode] Best size end mill for milling perimeter of PCB? #mill

[Edited Message Follows]

0.0625 inches equals 1.6mm, I'm going to try, I usually use 2mm.

Vaughn, are you using vacuum table?

I am close to finishing my smart vacuum table version, for low cost, high vacuum and low flow vacuum pump, I am using a refrigerator / fridge motir, which allows pcb milling even after drilling.

I hope to be successful, it is still necessary for you to be practical and useful

Here a video showing first tests
https://youtu.be/GKixnoCBAQA