Re: shorting traces - How I messed up & a question about spot-drill-holes #eagle #etch

John Ferguson

This would mean that I've selected something in the pcbgcode options which does this or it is being forced by something in Eagle.  I'm going to look at one of the older eagles to see if it does it.

john

On 2/1/19 4:30 AM, peterg1000 via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,
Not trying to pour cold water on your findings, but I've never had a problem with spot drilling!!  I did a check of my code in the area you modified and it appears to be exactly the same as the one that misbehaves - see below (cut and paste) :-

if (SPOT_DRILL == YES) {

if (m_first_spot_drill) {

output_drill_first_hole(drill_x, drill_y, SPOT_DRILL_DEPTH);

m_first_spot_drill = NO;

}

else {

output_drill_hole(drill_x, drill_y, SPOT_DRILL_DEPTH);

}

}

Something else must surely be going on elsewhere in the programme to change the SPOT_DRILL_DEPTH ?
To my inexperienced eye the original code seems to be entirely logical.

Peter