Re: How to etch a powerplane with pcb-gcode? #etch

Harvey White

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 18:31:34 -0000, you wrote:

One thing you can do is to define the class of the signal as
(arbitrary name) "high power" then define the trace width and minimum
spacing. (then route...)

If PCBGCODE pays attention to that, then you're fine. The traces will
be autorouted far enough away, and if you're hand routing the board,
the DRC check will whine at you.

If not, then just draw the ground plane to exclude the area, or check
how eagle does "keep outs and restricts". That might help.

Harvey

I’ve had the same problem before, solved it by adding my own gcode at the end of the milling process – used a 2mm carbide end mill to do the milling, removes large areas quickly.

Fred Ö¿Ö