Re: What an I Missing - Eagle Question? #eagle

Eric

Hi John,

Just been playing around a little and I also can’t find a way to turn off grid snap, however, you can manually move objects off the snap grid by holding down the ALT key whilst moving them so, for instance, you could click on a track and select move and then holding down the ALT key drag it away from the snap position and it will stay where you leave it.

Of course, you can also select the finest option for size and alternate grid sizes and that will give you much closer snap positions.

73….Eric VK2VE

From: pcbgcode@groups.io <pcbgcode@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Ferguson via Groups.Io - jferg977=aol.com at groups.io
Sent: Monday, 19 November 2018 14:29
To: pcbgcode@groups.io
Subject: Re: [pcbgcode] What an I Missing - Eagle Question? #eagle

I thought so too , but couldn't figure out how to do it. I'm running Eagle 9.2.2.  I've been away from it about a year.  seems to me that I was able to toggle snap to grid off in earlier version,l but cannot remember.

john

On 11/18/18 9:57 PM, Eric wrote:

That being the case, maybe switching off  Snap to Grid in Eagle will allow it do it properly for you.

Just a thought

73….Eric VK2VE

From: pcbgcode@groups.io <pcbgcode@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Ferguson via Groups.Io - jferg977=aol.com at groups.io
Sent: Monday, 19 November 2018 12:40
To: pcbgcode@groups.io
Subject: Re: [pcbgcode] What an I Missing - Eagle Question? #eagle

This is very close to what I'm using in Imperial.  I need to check the pcb-gcode, but I don't think it is where my problem is. I can see the traces too close to pads in Eagle. Moving them manually does fix them. 

thanks much,

john

On 11/18/18 4:23 PM, Chipteck wrote:

I am sorry, I didn't have a lot of time and was too quick to respond.
In any case I am loading "20170624 -pcb-gcode.dru" file on my projects to setup my clearances and have been successfull to cut 0.2mm traces with 0.1mm clearances with the following:
pcb-gcode setup - Generation > Minimum = 0.03mm, Maximum=0.2mm, Step size=0.05mm - Machine > Tool Dia = 0.1mm
DRU:

Chipteck

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join pcbgcode@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.