Re: start in middle of program #pcbgcode #gcode

Dan.Staver

I have to do this because my Nomad hangs with the latest software driver.
So, I just record the line number it hangs on, go backwards until I find the nearest tool down command, then edit out the gcode file lines in-between. I keep the startup lines at the beginning where it spins up the tool, then delete lines after that until the tool down line I previously mentioned.

Dan

Dan Staver
Tave Tech Corp.
3130 Hollycrest Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
+1-719-359-5352 - office
+1-719-502-1675 - cell
tavetech - Skype
W3QDO

On Sep 13, 2018, at 11:31 AM, Art Eckstein <art.eckstein@...> wrote:

Len,
In my experience, the answer is "maybe" LOL

A lot depends on the controller that your using to run the code.  Some will do a decent job of starting in the middle of the code (as long as you don't try restarting in a G02 or G03 code.  Start it at a G0 or G1).

From what I have read Mach does not like starting in the middle of the code, but YMMV.  Best way to find out is do a test run.

Country Bubba

At 9/13/2018 12:14 PM, Leonard Wohlsdorf wrote:
Hi all, I guess I must be asking a unanswerable question. When I am using my gcode in the  cnc program can  I just rerun a portion of the code again without starting from the beginning? Anyone know if this is possible? Len