Re: What cad software is everyone using?

peterg1000

After problems with earlier revisions of Eagle 8 when running pcb-gcode ulp, the latest revision  (Eagle 8.1.0 ) seems to be problem free when generating tool paths. There is no problem in using the freeware version, one just needs to register with Autodesk

There are however two annoying pcb-gcode problems, Firstly, the graphic on the setup programme is totally garbled although the remainder of the programme operates as it always did.

Secondly, the preview option has never worked for me, in spite of downloading Java. I've given up trying and now use the toolpath preview in UCCNC control software.  This software will run in demo mode without a UC100 license and can load pcb-gcode files directly for viewing.