Re: No Z axis G-Code

Art Eckstein

Bruce,
I happen to think (something unusual for this ole goat) that I have not done a board since I was forced to get a new computer and use win7 a short time ago (I refuse to use win8)!
So I pulled up an old board and tried to generate a new milling file to see if it would still work.
The good news is that part worked. I was able to generate a new milling file with appropriate Z movements.

The bad news is (HEY JJ, YOU READING THIS?) that the preview is broke!  I recently had upgraded my java and now the preview gives me the following error:

Just for the record, I am using Eagle
Version 6.1.0 for Windows

and pcb-gcode Version 3.6.2.4

Also, I just notice when I was getting this version info there is a message on the setup ulp that shows:

Does your screen show this compatibility????

Country

At 05:05 PM 3/16/2015, you wrote:
Ok I checked my setup for pcb-gcode and the generate milling check box is checked
and there is a value of -.005.
Pcb-gcode version is 3.5.2.11 and Eagle is 5.11.0

Why just the milling layer is affected is unknown right now. When I do run pcb-gcode
I see the milling layer outline in preview yet g-code has no Z axis entries.

 Subject: Re: [pcb-gcode] No Z axis G-Code
 To: pcb-gcode@...
 Date: Monday, March 16, 2015, 9:15 AM

       I will check again but I am sure I have that box
 checked and a valid value next to that check box.

 The etch file works ok with Z axis movements as required, it
 is ONLY the mill layer that is not

 getting the Z axis values.

 I will find out what version pcb-gcode I am using, I think I
 updated that a while back but haven't updated

 Eagle and not sure I want to since I am still using XP op
 system.

 On Mon, 3/16/15, Art Eckstein art.eckstein@...

  To: pcb-gcode@...

  Date: Monday, March 16, 2015, 6:47 AM

  Bruce,

  When you run the pcb-gcode-setup ulp, have you placed a

  checkmark to

  generate the milling file AND  given it a proper depth

  mill it??

  again, just pulling at straws.