pcb gcode settings dont save

Carl

 I have been using Eagle cad 7.2 and pcb gcode 3.6.2.4 on windows 7 for two weeks. The default settings need to be changed. When I put in the correct settings and click on except and make board, OR when I try just the except button, Nothing is saved. I have to go into the gcode files and make the changes by hand just to be able to use the code. Mostly the drill codes need most changes. I have downloaded the zip file again extracted the files to the C/Eagle/ulp folder replacing all files . pcb gcode comes up and I can make changes but they don't take. I also tried 3.3.3 with same problem. Any help?  Thanks, Carl