Re: X Axis Origin Shift During Milling

Ashraf Gerges

Alastair

I second this, I tried to reduce the motor tuning parameters, but I did not get a good result, the next thing I may try is to replace the 10 A PS with 15 or 20 A..

On Saturday, 26 July 2014, 15:12, "'C. Alastair Seggie' alastairseggie@... [pcb-gcode]" wrote:

Ashsraf

this is not perhaps lost steps Due to running the drive to fast not enough current to the steppers etc?

Regards
Alastair

From: "Ashraf Gerges ashraph66@... [pcb-gcode]"
To: "pcb-gcode@..." <pcb-gcode@...>
Sent: Saturday, 26 July 2014, 11:10
Subject: Re: [pcb-gcode] X Axis Origin Shift During Milling

I have the same problem with Chinese board TB6560, when I do engrave jobs with high RPM the X axis at the end of the job lose about 1mm of it's zero position, I noticed 2 factors increase this annoying phenomena:
1- the high RPM frequency of the VFD (working with low RPM give better result)
2- the many up and down moves of the X axis..

I put some RF filters but the enhancement was so tiny..

I even removed the spindle cable out of the cable carrier to prevent any frequency interfere with the stepper cables but no way!

I wonder if the users who use wood routers instead of VFD spindle have the same problem?

On Tuesday, 8 July 2014, 7:10, "Hannu Venermo gcode.fi@... [pcb-gcode]" wrote:

This is not a Mach3 problem, as such.
Using directly from USB is specifically known NOT to work, and against
the rules.

The gcode files are and need to be memory mapped, and this wont work
reliably from a USB drive.
Its probably not as well documented as it should be.

--
-hanermo (cnc designs)