Re: Eagle 7 ???

Harvey White

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:51:57 +0200, you wrote:

I didn't know anything about the new licensing? Can somebody tell me short
what has been changed?
From what I have heard.

1) you are limited to one computer rigidly, no "one computer at a
time". This may or may not be a real change.
2) Apparently, the program "phones home" each time it is run to make
sure that it's properly licensed. This apparently needs a valid
Internet connection, convenient or possible or not...

There's more on the Yahoo Cadsoft list.

Harvey

Cheers,
Dylan

pcb-gcode@...>:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:11:24 +0100, you wrote:

Thanks Fox,

That's good to know.
I wonder if anyone has tried PCB-GCODE with Eagle 7?
I haven't. V7 is having mixed reviews, partially due to the license
issue.

Right now, I'm sticking with V6.

Harvey

For me, without PCB-GCODE, Eagle would be of little use.

Roy